Best Target/Hunting Spotting Scope Under $500

greg0320

Looking for a spotting scope that will let me see .223 bullet holes on the target at 200 yards, and also allow me to have a good view of the antlers on the deer/antelope I am hunting at 300-400 yards. Would like to keep the price at below $500 if possible.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Greg

save just a wee bit more and get a leupold kenai, the glass is great and the scope itself seems hella stout and very well built, it feels very solid,especially compared to say a vortex unit.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's comments/suggestions. Decided to go with the Pentax PF-65 ED II. Found it on sale for $645..which seem to be a really great price. Anxious to test it out. Will let you know results.

Greg

Hey there, I have a Nikon Prostaff that I use all the time for shooting, hunting and wildlife viewing. I have put it through hell but it still works great. Definitely one of the best spotting scopes for hunting you can buy that is under $500. Check it out here: http://www.bestforhunting.com/

Since you want to use it for target shooting the 45 degree eye piece is a must if you want to use it in the prone position. In your price range I see a lot of Vortex scopes on the line. Many scopes will fit your specifications though.

Gordon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.