Best sub $2000 scope

Bullcanyon

Looking to put a scope on a buddy's 28 nosler. He will be hunting with it, but honestly I think he'll use it more to shoot rocks across canyons. We have some really good areas on forest service to shoot out past a mile. He's leaning towards a nightforce nxs at this point. Curious what you would buy if you had $2000 to burn.

I should add he wants 2nd fp and at least 100 moa of elevation adjustment.

I have a viper pst and yes it tracks perfect every time it's glass is not near bright enough.

Thanks

What's best? The glass in my Nightforce 12-42X56 is way better than the glass in my Swarovski z5 5-25X52. But it is also about a pound heavier. If weight is no concern it's the one. But then I have never owned a March, much less looked through one.

If you are absolutely limited to two grand you can't get either one. The next one I would consider is the Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 because it has the hydrophobic coating. Then the Leupold VX-6 4-24X52 or its big brother; which I have not seen. The glass in both is a hair better than the Swarovski z5 5-25X52. And all three are about the same for low light performance.

I just remembered I compared my Bushnell 6500 4 1/2-30X50 with a Vortex Razor 5-20X. Even the owner of the Vortex agreed the glass in the 6500 is slightly better than his Vortex. I have yet to see a Bushnell 6500 2 1/2-16X that comes up to the standard set by its big brother for resolving detail on my optics chart.

My personal experiences with that price range is only the nxs 5.5-22x50. very very nice, good reticle with the MOART. I would look into those.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts