best spotting scope under a grand?

mo

What's the best spotter with eye piece that's under a grand? Don't tell me to save my money and buy a swarovski hd please..........

Look at Nikon and Pentax. Go to a store that will let you take the scopes outside, and look through them. What looks good to one person, may not look good to the next. Optics are personal in my opinion.

Steve

Last edited:
leupold goldring 12-40x60 works great. They are lightweight and packable. and the optical quality is very good. I have used them both side by side, and i can't justify upgrading to the swaro.....

leupold goldring 12-40x60 works great. They are lightweight and packable. and the optical quality is very good. I have used them both side by side, and i can't justify upgrading to the swaro.....

I have also used the Leupold for many years with satisfaction

Another vote for the Leupold 12x40 HD. Love this scope. It's not too too heavy, but sometimes wish it were a few ounces lighter. Would hate to give up the quality though.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.