Best spotters for backpack hunting

One of the reasons I bought the ATX 20-60 x 65mm is that it can be packed small by separating the eyepiece and ocular modules. They will actually fit inside the largest Swarovski binocular bag. This really helps when fitting it inside my day pack Please see photos.

View attachment 322460View attachment 322461
Nice setup there man ! I can see how that would be very convenient!

For sale nice packable dialyt 18x45x65like new

Attachments

• AE24C107-1E51-44DC-98E5-E85B34EAD7BC.jpeg
    AE24C107-1E51-44DC-98E5-E85B34EAD7BC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
@kiwikid - Thats a good idea. I will go check it out and pack it in my backpack like you showed. It looks like it will protect it really good. I keep mine together and put it in a side pocket in my backpack, but I like your idea better.
Thanks

@kiwikid - Thats a good idea. I will go check it out and pack it in my backpack like you showed. It looks like it will protect it really good. I keep mine together and put it in a side pocket in my backpack, but I like your idea better.
Thanks
Before I bought the ATX I spoke to a great Swarovski salesman at a gun show in Australia. Originally I was going to buy the SOC (stay on case) but the salesman said he keeps his in the bino bag as he felt it protected it better. Also it was a lot cheaper and you may have noticed that there is room in the bag for the tripod mounting plate to stay on the ocular module. The model bag I have is labelled inside with
XL(SLC 56) and is very well made.

Looking at Swarovski ats or kowa 880s , I think the Swarovski x's may be a bit big , thanks .
I recently got the Tract Toric spotter, which I took on a DIY NM Muley hunt. The glass is simply amazing, worth every oz of weight. No regrets at all. As a bonus, Tract has 22x and 30x fixed power eyepieces available with mil reticles in them. That may not matter much in hunting, but for those of you that shoot PRS or ELR too, having a spotter with a reticle is very handy. My wife got me the fixed 22x eyepiece for our anniversary and the glass, if possible, seems even a little better than the 24-55x zoom eyepiece. The resolution is so good that I don't miss the magnification at all and I could have easily done my Muley hunt with the fixed 22x eyepiece and not wanted for more. FOV and eye relief are amazing.

Anyway, I think you'd be very Impressed with the Tract Toric spotter. If it gives up anything to one of the alphas, you'd spend hours trying to see it.

John

I run the mini razor as well. Only a few times I've wished I had my bigger 85mm. But at the weight of the mini I'm not complaining. It's considerably cheaper than your budget but worth a look.

Run the razor if you like to hunt. Swaro is great if you got plenty of money or just wanna brag. Even though they do have nice glass. My razor has been all over. Flown multiple times, rode in side by side with no case, accidentally road on the back of a dually for about 15 miles, been dropped, muddy, wet, frozen and abused. It still gets the job done every time with great clarity. It's been on a tripod beside the nicest Swarovskis made when my wife and I went to Yellowstone…guess who spotted the wolves first. Get something somewhat packable and hardy. A keen eye behind decent glass will beat the best glass and decent eyes.

Attachments

• 8B4F2BBB-6B24-45B4-8818-BCC76ABE4C83.jpeg
    8B4F2BBB-6B24-45B4-8818-BCC76ABE4C83.jpeg
    890.5 KB · Views: 106
Bear and ruger , you both make very valid points ! Thanks for the information ! I'm going to try to find a shop somewhere today hopefully they have a razor I can take a look through !

Hoping to find a 65 swaro , have been eyeing the kowa 553 seems like a sweet little scope but dunno if it's powerful enough ! Small FOV but tons of weight savings !
I thought I saw a few 65 swaros on Rokslide this week fwiw.

Also if you are already concerned with FOV on the 55x, you'll be disappointed. It's limiting for sure. About as good as it gets for simple confirmation spotting though.

Last edited: