Best spotters for backpack hunting

I'm in The same boat , looking for the best spotter I can find for less than 1500 bucks , I have looked at vortex , Kowa and older swaro but without putting my eyes through them it's hard to know what to do ha ha !

I'm not counting rings on horns or anything. I run the razor 11-33, it's light and tiny and gets the job done. Some days I do wish I had more but it gets the job done and is easy to pack.
For 99.9999 percent of my hunting I'm not either but would love to have the best for that . 000001 percent time that I do need it lol is it worth the extra money … who knows but wth I mean I hear u can't take the money with u when u die 😂

I'm with you 100 percent. I'd love a 4k spotter but I make budget cuts where I can. Eventually I'll get a bigger one but I'll hold onto that razor, it's good for 99 percent of what I do like you said.

And it didn't cost enough that I'm not afraid to smack it down and use it to shoot off haha.
Now that's a fact ! I find myself being extremely careful with my swaro binos almost too careful to the point it's a PITA so a spotter that's more easily replaceable isn't a bad way to look at it ! Plus I hear vortex warranty is pretty awesome , never used it myself but would be handy !

ATX 95 goes with me a lot of places. Low light it's pretty incredible. Can spot a buck chipmunk from miles away. Lol
I have an insurance policy on all my hunting gear, so I've been known to leave it sitting for a few days in places nobody is gonna go to anyway. Saves carrying it back and forth. YMMV.

ATX 95 goes with me a lot of places. Low light it's pretty incredible. Can spot a buck chipmunk from miles away. Lol
I have an insurance policy on all my hunting gear, so I've been known to leave it sitting for a few days in places nobody is gonna go to anyway. Saves carrying it back and forth. YMMV.
Dang I learn something everyday , didn't even know this was possible ! Where would a man go to get such an insurance policy if you don't mind me asking ?

Dang I learn something everyday , didn't even know this was possible ! Where would a man go to get such an insurance policy if you don't mind me asking ?
Your insurance company likely offers a VPP (valuable personal property) rider. I have one for all my gear as well and wife's jewelry. Costs about $400 a year for me on about $40k of ish. Not sure it's worth it but is great price of mind!

That's what I really want , might better just save a bit more and get it right the first time ha ha !
One of the reasons I bought the ATX 20-60 x 65mm is that it can be packed small by separating the eyepiece and ocular modules. They will actually fit inside the largest Swarovski binocular bag. This really helps when fitting it inside my day pack Please see photos.

20191025_171357.jpg20191025_171519.jpg