Best spinning reel

I am boatless and require an enormous amount of spinning gear to keep my kids fishing on family beach trips. I have a fully disassembled Battle 2 in a Plastic tray box that I cannot figure out how to properly grease and put back together. Every Battle that I have owned has taken a dump on me. I have multiple Spinfisher reels that are hanging in there. I have finally figured out that it is sand and full submersions in saltwater that are wrecking my spinning reels. In particular, the fine "sugar" sand of the Northern FL Gulf Beaches. I have had recent luck with Diawa BG reels. I would buy nicer reels but fear that they would meet the same fate as moderately priced reels. One day I will have a saltwater boat. When this happens I will invest in high quality spinning reels. Until then I am convinced that there is no reasonable way to keep a kid, of any age, from getting sand in a reel. Kids also cannot help themselves from submerging a reel in saltwater, regardless of the fishing situation. Realize that this is a departure from the original post and a specialized application, but my point is that all moderately priced saltwater spinning reels are fallible. Not sure about the fancy ones as I have never had the courage to risk the purchase of any. If I am allowed to saltwater fish on my own, I almost always use a fly rod. My main saltwater fly reels are Tibor reels that I bought over 20 years ago. They never have let me down.
This is the forte of the Van Stahl reels. They are very well sealed up Zeebaas is the other that is great. Zeebaas is the founder of VS after his 5yr non compete clause was completed. He improved the few things VS was weak in.
I am a huge fan of the fewer parts to break method of building things

Lots of Penn fans. I no longer own a reel that doesnt read Daiwa on it. IMO there is not a reel that comes close to what they are putting out.

Shimano is #1.

i would have agreed about 20 years ago. Shimano feels smooth and well balanced off the rod.

Daiwa for me just has a far superior drag system, the reels on the rod feel better, and overall out performed my shimano reels... it's why I eventually changed over.

They are both very nice, however for me given side by side comparisons in like models, Daiwa get the win.

Nothjng wring with a Shimano though:)

When I guided steelhead I bought cheap spinning reels. Short casts and throw them out when drag started going. Cheaper than repairing all the damaged reels.
My own I prefer just a basic Shimano Sahara ......affordable, repairable, durable, smooth, and drags last forever.

I work with a mfg. rep group. We just picked up Visser Reels. Mr. Visser was one of the the designers of the Van Staal Reels. I should also say we picked up the Alvey line of reels at the same time.