best snow camo coverup? what do you use?

cowboy717

Well like it says I'm looking for your guys opinion on snow camo. In cabelas they have coverups that fit over your regular heavy stuff. I was wondering if there's anywhere else to look or is there a better solution. I've used a white sheet as a poncho but its getting tiresome catchin on things
Thanks!

I use both plain white and Natgear snow.I had to put zippers in the legs in the Natgear to get in and out of them easier with boots on, but they are good otherwise.
I have also used a military surplus german snow poncho. Be careful ordering them sight unseen however, as some of them have gotten yellow in storage.

I am also not a fan of sheets. They tend to have UV brightners in them and that doesnt do a hunter any favors.
Mark

For the last 4 years now I use Seclusion 3D Open Country. Just worked again yesterday as I got a coyote to 25 yards and never knew what hit him. I need the cold bibs and parka out here in MT cuz it does get a little cold. My buddy uses the same but the pull over kind. Works just the same.

It kind of depends on what part of the country your from too.

Good Luck
Let us know what you get

I use Natgear too for snow camo. I have a Predator snow camo jacket, but I wish I had the Predator snow camo pants if they made them.

For a while I didn't have the willingness to buy snow camo because I didn't hunt much in snow. I went to walmart and bought a huge white zippered hooded sweatshirt.

I've used cabelba's lightweight cover ups in plain white and the Seclusion 3D white in the "Candadian" cover up and I would definitely spend the xtra and get the "Canadian"...they are a tough polyester material...quiet and not too heavy. One thing I noticed @ cabela's store today was the seclusion white seemed ALOT darker than it used to be....Can't speak to the material but If i had to do it over again I would look seriously into the Nat Gear White camo.

I use the Cabals snow camo coveralls, but unless it`s below zero I only wear my under wear under them.

cowboy717,

I have four patterns. I am getting another soon. I have hunted in snow country every year. I use numerous patterns to fit the area i am hunting. I hunt the forests and yellow grass and sagebrush. I would be glad to send a few photos to your email. Give a call if you want. [email protected] 541-398-1056 prairie grass, mossy oak break up, realtree reversable bibs Forest brown green/white with gray branches, predator in coveralls, also a digital snow for creek bottom brush.

I great trick for covering your rifle in white is to use game bag material with white duct tape. low cost easy quiet

WHAT KIND OF GROUND COVER DO YOU HUNT?

What I have to hunt around here is quite a mix. From big wooded draws and fencerows to fencelines and wide open crop fields. Sometimes its very little cover. But more often enough to get by, but not if your in regular camo, you'd stick out like a sore thumb!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.