Best shot shell reloader

Hunter Hoover

Hey fellas what is the best shot shell reloader? I only have a couple 12 gauge at the time but want to get a couple 20 to later. I do a fair amount of clay pigeon shooting so I want something that I can reload fairly large quantities with. Thanks

Mec. Bought my grabbers used from a gentleman who shot atleast 1000 a week for decades till his health made him stop. My grabbers look and function like new.
If your shotgun is an auto feed, You'll proble need a taper crimp.
Single stage (has no taper crimp station)
Mec 650 does 100 rounds in 30-45 min
Progressive press'
Mec grabbers (9000) 100 rounds in 15 min.

Mec. Bought my grabbers used from a gentleman who shot atleast 1000 a week for decades till his health made him stop. My grabbers look and function like new.
If your shotgun is an auto feed, You'll proble need a taper crimp.
Single stage (has no taper crimp station)
Mec 650 does 100 rounds in 30-45 min
Progressive press'
Mec grabbers (9000) 100 rounds in 15 min.
So your saying that I have to make sure that I get a press with a taper crimp?I am totally new to reloading so this would be the first reloading press that I get but I want to make sure I get something that I'm not going to have to upgrade right away. Thanks

I'm not too worried about getting anything too complicated because I am sure that I can look up videos on YouTube if I can't figure it out. Most of the shells are run through a semi auto but I also have a couple double barrels

The mec progressive is a great way to go volume of shooting sporting clays, skeet and trap. I also have mec 600jr loaders setup for the hunting loads that we use.

Yep Mec.....but you have a learning curve...knowing that the shot has fallen into the war...otherwise...100 loads in 15 minutes..becomes 30 minutes of clean up......then reset....
But...once you get going..crank'm out.....ive loaded thousands of 28ga and use my single stage for problematic shells..usually where the crimp doesn't stay firm...but a drop of hot glue fixed that....

I started out with a MEC 650 and loved it. Other than it did not size shells, I was doing that in another step
Then I purchased a Posness warren LS 1000 and sold the Mac, cannot even compare the two machines