Best scope under $600

One thing I will add, is that a 'cheap' scope will cause you to shoot more (whether for initial dial-in and subsequential dial-ins over time) cause of its inability to hold zero and track well. Over time you will spend more on ammo than simply getting a quality scope to begin with.

All things considered, that you PROPERLY mount your scope (lapping, bedding, etc.) AND have a rifle capable of grouping well AND stick with store bought AMMO and/or Reloads for consistent groupings AND the shooter can shoot accurately consistently.

Your system is only as accurate as its weakest link.

Lots of folks provided some really good sub-$600 scopes so I won't rehash that.

One thing to be aware of if you are using the turrents for long rang shooting, is will the scope track correctly. Many will not return to zero correctly. There is a lot to be said for the high end scopes other than their glass quality.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
Save $$ and get a scope which is worth same of more then your rifle. Otherwise you are wasting it. Or get quality used. You can get good Leupold VX3 6.5-20x50 for 600 to 700 used

Look at Tract scopes. They only sell direct. No middle man! They also have close outs where you can save even more. I have two and mounted one on my .338 RUM to test it. So far it's held up fine. Optics are good and it seems to be a stout scope. The only draw back I've noticed is that it is not the lightest scope I own

One thing I will add, is that a 'cheap' scope will cause you to shoot more (whether for initial dial-in and subsequential dial-ins over time) cause of its inability to hold zero and track well. Over time you will spend more on ammo than simply getting a quality scope to begin with.

All things considered, that you PROPERLY mount your scope (lapping, bedding, etc.) AND have a rifle capable of grouping well AND stick with store bought AMMO and/or Reloads for consistent groupings AND the shooter can shoot accurately consistently.

Your system is only as accurate as its weakest link.

Lots of folks provided some really good sub-$600 scopes so I won't rehash that.
Weakest link is us trying to match quality of our sxopes

I like my Zeiss the best.
They are a good scope. The old zeiss conquests were made by meopta with previous generation coatings, but the same glass as the newer meoptas, which have enhanced coatings on them, and are a little brighter in my twilight tests. (any of the meoptas I tried, and even the 3-9x40 old conquests are brighter and more useable in low light than the VX3i 3.5-10x50 that I tested.) The R2 meoptas are a little brighter yet. the true alpha stuff still beats them handily though, which is predictable .... for example, a 20 year old kahles helia, Swaro Habicht, and zeiss diavari are considerably brighter in low light tests than all these sub $1000 modern hunting scopes I took out, with the diavari at the top, and on par with a new 8x56 S&B.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600

Midway USA currently has the Athlon Ares BTR 6-24x50 for $424.00 . That's about 50% off

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.