Best scope under $600

I will likely get eyes rolling with my suggestion. Look at Primary Arms silver and gold series. IMO excellent scopes for the price and customer service second to none.

I won't roll my eyes, because I'll second your thoughts on customer service (but not quality).

Couple of years ago my buddy's Primary Arms scope crapped out in under 100 rounds of 308 Win (the reticle went ajar). Definitely in the lemon category.

HOWEVER, as luck would have it we were due to fly out for an elk trip later in the week, and Primary Arms went above and beyond by sending him a replacement "no questions asked" and without requiring that they receive the old scope beforehand. He got the replacement in under 2 days, and it has done fine ever since.

And for the record, my heavy gun (range/varmint) wears an SWFA 3-9 HD. No better scope for the money. It's glass is comparable to scopes twice it's price, and it's mechanical tracking is built like a tank.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
I bought a Nikon and was the best buy ever, dam thing is so accurate and clear fast focasing too...
Sale!
MONARCH M5 4-16x42SF Matte BDC
Now $489.95

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600

also the black fx is on sale just under 600$$$

Sale!
BLACK FX1000 6-24x50SF Illuminated FX-MRAD
Now $599.95
regular price Reg. $799.95

A good scope will enable a poor rifle to shoot to its' potential but a poor scope will never make a good rifle shoot close to its' potential. They will let you down at the worst possible moment. Like buying the best HAM radio and putting a up a wire clothes hanger for an antennae. Just my 2¢.

I think many of the Meoptas use Schotts glass which is pretty nice. And some of the new Primary Arms scopes at the $500 price point are made in Japan. So it's been said that they are made at LOW. I think Doug at Cameraland has a Bushnell Elite new open box at $700 bucks. I'd probably get that.

A good scope will enable a poor rifle to shoot to its' potential but a poor scope will never make a good rifle shoot close to its' potential. They will let you down at the worst possible moment. Like buying the best HAM radio and putting a up a wire clothes hanger for an antennae. Just my 2¢.
that's your 2 cents and I respect that, I've have my Nikon for 3 yrs and shot many animals with one shot success, I have it on my 308 predator hunting rifle sometimes deer..
my 7mm I got Vortex viper PST gen 2 she's a beast deer rifle and moose
and on my 28 nosler I got Forge 3-18x50 still in box gonna be my moose rifle lol

A good scope helps. But this cheap Banner Scopechief had the worst fisheye ever. But it still enabled me to make this cold bore headshot at 400 yards. Some times you gotta make do with what you have.

Attachments

• 11038156_947673621923578_3474355757873834306_o.jpg
    11038156_947673621923578_3474355757873834306_o.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 120
I guess I'm to frugal,,, ended up with a Nikon Monarch III in 3-12x42,,, must of got lucky since the glass on this optic is pretty clear...

First out in the morning and last to return to camp,,, excellent low light capabilities for hunting and target shooting...

Mostly the close distance stuff between point blank and 600 meters,,, I've used it for the 1 km and 1700 meter shoots,,, its ok,,, but there's better glass at higher costs for those ranges...

Good luck finding what works for you...

PS: My Nephew put a cheap BSA 6.5-20 Optic on his 22-250 for coyotes,,, Wolves and Lynx,,, not the best glass either,,, but it seems to be working on the distance shoots,,, pretty sure he will drop into the 1.75-8 power tac scopes or the 3-10 for his next glass...

Im sure its been said but the nikon black x1000(second focal plane) is a great varmint scope. they are on sale from a few places right now. Probably could be found in your price range even without a sale.
I have one on one of my mid range guns and im happy with it. My only complaint would be that it doesnt have a zero stop but thats not a deal breaker on a varmint rifle.

i have a couple of vortex 6.5-24-50 they are great for there price range. I found them at muley crazy. Com. There website doesn't have prices you got to pick up the phone and call a real human. There all knowledgeable and full of information

I picked up a used Burris Veracity 3-15X50 for under $600 that I'm very happy with. I see the used (like new) ones for around $550 still in the classifieds.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.