Best scope under $600

Many decent scopes are in this price range but personally for $600– I'd take a good look at Sig. Glass is pretty dang clear, illumination and and good magnification in the Whiskey and Tango 4 lines from them. You wouldn't be disappointed.
Didnt like the glass on the bdx I looked through wasn't as clear a steiner or Swarovski

Is 56mm to big to look nice?

I love the 56mm objective. I have a couple of them on hunting rifles. I think they look pretty good. Person preference I guess, but here is one on my coyote rifle and another one on my 270wsm

Attachments

• 76FBB747-C4EB-4C40-B420-BB5DCA80E922.jpeg
    76FBB747-C4EB-4C40-B420-BB5DCA80E922.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 220
  • B6805C83-0798-4DC6-99CC-B1967A59F036.jpeg
    B6805C83-0798-4DC6-99CC-B1967A59F036.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 210
Cabela Covenant tactical series, $200 to $400. these are actually made by Vortex, 30mm, very good glass, side focus, choice of FFP or SFP, good turrets that keep their settings, good tracking, excellent recticles. I use a 4-16x44 for the AR15 and a 6-24x50 will be used for the 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun build. I prefer SFP MOA and i have both of the Covenant 4 scopes, while the 5 and 7 series use MRads.

With the 6-24x50 on the AR .223 Wylde, i could do MOA groups @ 700 yards all day long. :)

Yep, I'm sold on the value the Covenants afford - my wallet appreciates that, too. ;)

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
I had a Sightron III. when the Parallax adjustment failed I called the company and they said I over tighten the rings. That I caused the failure. The scope have been on the rifle 6 year without being taking off the rifle. So i said fine if you are not honoring your Warranty i will get another scope. I ended up with the Vortex Diamondback 6x24x50 Tactical with the FFP EBR2 300.00 out the door.

Where do you look for used scopes
Good used quality scopes are out there for a third of the original price. Many options online, you can also run an ad for the type of scope you want. It's worth a shot for the money you can save.

If I were you, I would look at a Nikon X1000 in either 4x16x50 or 6x24x50 it would be very hard to beat for the money. We regularly shoot out to 700 yards with no problems

Go hit up Doug at Camera Land he's has some scopes on sale right now that are well within your price range and great quality. He's a great guy to deal with and will help you with any questions.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
for that price range, Meopta is the way to go if you want a scope with good glass that excels in low light. If you don't care about that, and just want a solid scope with reliable adjustments, go with a SWFA fixed power 10, 16, or 20x

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.