Best scope under $1400

Zachary Riley

Hi all, I'm new here so if this is not in the right place I apologize. As the thread stated I am looking purchase a quality scope. I know I will get a lot of answers but it will give me a good starting point. I can get a deal on zeiss and a V6 would be in that $1400 range so please consider that. This gun will go elk hunting but will be mainly for southeastern whitetail out to 400 yards. I also have a shooting range and would like to start playing around and shooting no father than 1000 yards. I want a scope that will preform well in low light condition like most hunters lol.

Parameters I would want:
At least 15x zoom
Turrets
Second focal plane

Other than that I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. I'm not well versed in high end scopes so I need some help.

Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 would be a great choice. I've picked up all 3 of mine new for under $1400. Even the vx5hd 3-15 sopes are an excellent choice and alot less. You can sometimes find them for under $800. I recently grabbed a VX5HD 4-20x52 for $1300. So far I really like it too. I bought it for more for shooting steel to 1000 yards than a hunting scope but no doubt will it work excellent for hunting.

The VX5s and VX6s have the same glass. With the VX6 you get the illuminated reticle with the built in level, a locking windage turret, a throw lever that clamps on the power ring and they come with the Alumina flip up caps.

Good luck with all the choices out there!

Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 would be a great choice. I've picked up all 3 of mine new for under $1400. Even the vx5hd 3-15 sopes are an excellent choice and alot less. You can sometimes find them for under $800. I recently grabbed a VX5HD 4-20x52 for $1300. So far I really like it too. I bought it for more for shooting steel to 1000 yards than a hunting scope but no doubt will it work excellent for hunting.

The VX5s and VX6s have the same glass. With the VX6 you get the illuminated reticle with the built in level, a locking windage turret, a throw lever that clamps on the power ring and they come with the Alumina flip up caps.

Good luck with all the choices out there!
Got two vx5 and two vx6. Got illuminated fire dot in the 5s and love them all

Cruise the classifieds. There's usually something like that on there. Just picked up a Nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 for under your budget.

Lots of options. Just put a ziess V4 on mine and love it. Can get a demo for 700 to 900 and save some money. Check out red hawk rifles. The have a bunch. Brand new just an open box

I agree the way to go would be a Nightforce SHV or possibly Swarovski Z5. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, to discuss this. As a supporting vendor here it is our pleasure to assist you

Sightron SIII 10-50 about 1k$. Great glass for the money. I have 3 and love them. I've used one of them on my 300 wm for 1k+ targets. I also have a 8-80 March, so I know good glass, but the SIII is a very good scope. Several reticles to choose from.

Hi all, I'm new here so if this is not in the right place I apologize. As the thread stated I am looking purchase a quality scope. I know I will get a lot of answers but it will give me a good starting point. I can get a deal on zeiss and a V6 would be in that $1400 range so please consider that. This gun will go elk hunting but will be mainly for southeastern whitetail out to 400 yards. I also have a shooting range and would like to start playing around and shooting no father than 1000 yards. I want a scope that will preform well in low light condition like most hunters lol.

Parameters I would want:
At least 15x zoom
Turrets
Second focal plane

Other than that I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. I'm not well versed in high end scopes so I need some help.
Look at Leica, 1.8 - 12 X 50 and 2.5 - 16 x 5. Made with Schott glass in Germany.

Parameters I would want:
At least 15x zoom
Turrets
Second focal plane

Zeiss but they come only in MOA. Sig sauer tango4 or 6. Tract optics is a good choice too. Whatever fits your eye best is what you want.