Best scope under $1400

look for a used Leupold Mark 4 ...probably get one for right at $1000. Some of the VERY best low light glass in the industry.... Some other scopes including he newer leupold HD series has better midday definition and color resolution....but won't come close to the Mark 4 for low light glass. I've hunted whitetails for years and I have always needed the best low light glass available

Hi all, I'm new here so if this is not in the right place I apologize. As the thread stated I am looking purchase a quality scope. I know I will get a lot of answers but it will give me a good starting point. I can get a deal on zeiss and a V6 would be in that $1400 range so please consider that. This gun will go elk hunting but will be mainly for southeastern whitetail out to 400 yards. I also have a shooting range and would like to start playing around and shooting no father than 1000 yards. I want a scope that will preform well in low light condition like most hunters lol.

Parameters I would want:
At least 15x zoom
Turrets
Second focal plane

Other than that I'm all ears. Thanks in advance. I'm not well versed in high end scopes so I need some help.
Talk to Gr8fuldoug on this site..he has greatly reduced his prices on Athelons...look in the classifieds here

The best long range hunting scope for easy use is a HUSKEMAW AND CAN TAKE A BEATING
The 4-16 is 1199.00 and the 5-20 is 1499.00
Check them out great scopes

I just picked up a 3-15x44 Vortex PST Gen 2. Love it. Did a side by side with a buddies Night force SHV and they are just as clear. The EBR-4 reticle is busy but very well organized. Illuminated (I can do without but not in the way like the gen 1). The vortex is 24moa per rotation the NF SHV is 10 I think. Not sure on the newer ones. They also come in MRAD. I prefer MOA myself. I'm not smart enough for metric stuff. Haha. I picked up my Gen 2 for 599.97 on clearance. They are normally 799.00. The NF starts at a grand. The vortex is equal if not a little better to some than the NF. Mine is for a hunting rig and the NF was pretty heavy.

Nightforce SHV 5-20 x 56 with MOAR reticle, illuminated. You'll still have $ left over for mounts and caps.

I have had very good performance with a couple of Huskemaw 5x20x50 scopes. Glass is comparable to my NXS, as is the turret accuracy. I really like the parallax/focus control and the nicely weighted reticle, with MOA wind divisions. Includes zero stop and turret caps. These scopes have seen hard use over several seasons and continue to perform very well.

I second a Nightforce nxs 22. You can buy one used within ur budget and you'll never be disappointed

The Nightforce NXS 5-25x50 SFP can be had for way under $1400 and is a fantastic scope that will do what you need in the hunting woods and on the long target range.
Just my $.02

Recent Posts