BEST SCOPE MOUNTING SYSTEM FOR A SAKO 75 ACTION?

I know this is a little late just got back on after a long job that took me out of town.

I have two sakos built on the 995 action and the strongest most reliable system I have found is the Warne rings. No base required =less screws=no problems. Make sure and check the rings for alignment. If there is a problem warne is a good company to work with.
I hate to admit this,
The reason I know this is, like a dummy I had removed a set and took them apart and then was interupted. Some how, I mixed one front half with one rear half and though the rings where wrong. I called and Warne had me send them back. They sent me another set same day. The guy called back and told me what I did and I felt like an idiot but they didn't charge me a penny. He was nice and just wanted me to know so maybe I wouln't be a dummy again. I suppose. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was also disappointed to be told by Near I would have to wait a year. I found another source, Ken Farrell.

[ QUOTE ]
the strongest most reliable system I have found is the Warne rings.

[/ QUOTE ] I had the Warne rings on an L61R action supporting a Nightforce scope. The rings eventually failed to hold zero. I called Warne and was told their system wouldn't hold up to a heavy recoiling rifle with a heavy scope. Warne's recommendation was to drill and tap the receiver for a Picatinny rail doing away with the dovetail altogether.

Hey Ankeny,

You're saying that Ken Farrell will make rails for the Sako 75 action?? How do you get in touch with him - please let me know!!

THANKS A TON!!

I think the Sako bases have the same bolt pattern as Browning A-Bolts, so that may open up options a tad.

JK

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.