Best Scope in the $800 Range

ctimgo

Just as the heading states. I am looking for the best bang for my buck in the $800 range. I want FFP, mil/mil knobs, Christmas tree reticle, and reliable. Used is ok as long as it has a good warranty. Any ideas?

I just purchased a sightron s111 for around that price.
But honestly I am kinda upset about the glare problem with it. But so far that is my only complaint and it only seems to be around tylight. Adjustments seem to be spot on but I still prefer my leupold vx3 personally.dont buy cheep now and regret it later. Quality scopes can be had for that price but there will always be something to complain about With the cheaper ones. Buy smart and cry once you will not be disappointed.

Best scope for what purpose ? If hunting I want twilight glass, lighter weight, compact, etc. vs something for bench or LR steel. What will be the primary use ?
For instance the Viper PST is loaded with features but the HD-5 is lighter and has better glass at the critical hunting times but gives away a lot on adjustment travel for long range. We need some more info to get specific.

Look for a used 6x24x50 ffp pst with 2c reticle from vortex new they are 150.00 above your stated price, but meet all your requirements and are a heck of a scope for the money.

Jordan@406

Ok Looks like Vortex PST, Sightron SIII, or Bushnell. What will have the best glass or will they all be about the same?

I've never looked through a Sightron, but every review from other shooters I've read said the Sightron III can hang with any scope made optically. Dunno if that's true or not, but I'm going to find out. My next purchase is going to be a Sightron 6-25x50 SIII for my daughter's rig.

Another vote for the Sightron SIII LRMOA 6-24x50. I have three of them in my gun safe on different guns. I think they are the best bang for the buck going right now!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.