Best scope for $750+-

If you can live with 6-24x, 8-32x, or 3-10X power ranges, then the answer is pathetically easy: Sightron SIII. A 30 mm tube. Weigh about 22 oz.

Glass as good as scopes costing twice that much. Better glass than NightForce. (It won't take too long and characteristically, some percentage of the the NF owners will come out in force, responding as if I called their mother's a bad name.)

If it were me, I'd spend just a bit more and go with a fixed power IOR. They have the best glass I've seen in that price range. Also, my experience with the fixed power IOR's is that they are quite rugged. Twice dropped my rifle on concrete surface, once from the bench and once standing (yes, I'm not very careful), and scope zero was essentially unchanged at 200 yards. Be sure your buy from a US dealer and not from used market, because the people I met who have used ones that need something replaced are often directed to deal directly with the European factory with their issues.

Paul, you've got some seeds, i'll give you that. hope you have your pads on, i think it would be safe to say INCOMING. gotta agree with you on the S3. excellent value in that price range.

Dave, you ever try a Meopta? Very good glass.

Of course if you beleive porwath the S11 is better than S&B, US Optics, Premiers Heritage and of course Nightforce as well as Zeiss and IOR and of Meopta.
He can always take it to Nightforce in Idaho and take them up on thier challenge to test it on optical equipment and on resolution charts and beat. Prolly never ever do that.

Last edited:
If you can live with 6-24x, 8-32x, or 3-10X power ranges, then the answer is pathetically easy: Sightron SIII. A 30 mm tube. Weigh about 22 oz.

Glass as good as scopes costing twice that much. Better glass than NightForce. (It won't take too long and characteristically, some percentage of the the NF owners will come out in force, responding as if I called their mother's a bad name.)

Phorwath's choice in scopes is much better than his choice in candidates.

I agree, for that price, the Sightron is a great choice. Better glass? It's certainly a different look. Better?, I don't know, but its good. I wouldn't trade my NF for it, I'd hate to lose my R1 reticle and the bulletproof toughness.

AJ

Phorwath's choice in scopes is much better than his choice in candidates.

I agree, for that price, the Sightron is a great choice. Better glass? It's certainly a different look. Better?, I don't know, but its good. I wouldn't trade my NF for it, I'd hate to lose my R1 reticle and the bulletproof toughness.

AJ

Is he an Obamanite supporter??? If so that explains it

In you price range, if you wish to actually kill animals at long range, get a Luepold V3 LR/T. If you wish to just talk about killing animals at long range get a Sightron.

i just got a sightron and my personal opionion is that would be the way to go. Arcadian sales has the lowest prices I've seen to between 720 and 740 for the 6-24x50 SIII

Dave, you ever try a Meopta? Very good glass.

Of course if you beleive porwath the S11 is better than S&B, US Optics, Premiers Heritage and of course Nightforce as well as Zeiss and IOR and of Meopta.
He can always take it to Nightforce in Idaho and take them up on thier challenge to test it on optical equipment and on resolution charts and beat. Prolly never ever do that.

Jeez I hate it when that happens. I'll give ya a C- for effort though.

Now I've gotta add Meopta to the list of scopes blessed by jwpope.

In you price range, if you wish to actually kill animals at long range, get a Luepold V3 LR/T. If you wish to just talk about killing animals at long range get a Sightron.

NowThatsFunny-1.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts