Best Scope for 100-200 Treestand Hunts.

ANDREW RICKETTS

I am trying to get peoples opinions on the best scope for the above situation.

I put 100-200, however I have the possibility of a 300 yard shot in the hunting property where I would use this rifle.

Note: I do tend to be pulled towards Leupold brand, I am weirdly a "brand specific" person.

Thanks, let me know.

Vx3hd with the larger objective lense is where I'd start if you're a leupold fan. Don't need a whole lot magnification for those ranges and they let in a pretty good amount of light for dusk and dawn shots. You're budget would help us a whole lot though.

What condition are your eyes in? If you are young with no vision issues any 3-9 variable will suffice. For years my go to scope was a straight 6x. As my eyes age I've moved to a 4-15 Nikon.

I hunt similar distances, sometimes a little longer, and use VX6 3-18x50 Firedot. Great light performance. I like the magnification bc I don't always have time to pick up the binos to judge a deer. I also strongly suggest you check out Meopta Optika6 in the same configuration. I have one of those on my son's gun (I handed both to him and told him to pick) and it is 99% as good as the VX6 to my eyes, for about 1/2 the price.

I put 100-200, however I have the possibility of a 300 yard shot in the hunting property where I would use this rifle.

Note: I do tend to be pulled towards Leupold brand, I am weirdly a "brand specific" person.

Thanks, let me know.
Zeiss terra 3x. 2x7x32 1 inch
Hard to beat ..used on ebay

Thanks, let me know.
At those distances....how about Iron sights and save the money?

At those distances....how about Iron sights and save the money?
Why not a bow? Why not a spear? Why hunt at all when humanely slaughtered and professionally butchered meat can be bought at Wal Mart for $5/lb? Why not just sit back, take the dole, and not work for a living while you're at it?

Since he asked about a scope. Leupold VX3-HD 3.5-10x30 with the FireDot. Only reason I don't say the 2.5-8 is because that only comes in a standard duplex. You don't want too much magnification to limit field of view that close in.