Best Scope covers for hunting rifle?

The aadlands are only noisy if you flip them open without a slow, controlled release. Get in the habit of using your hand to ease them open, instead of just letting them sping and bang.....
This exactly. I've played around with them some more and a controlled release is just fine for noise. If you just flip them open, or snap them closed not so much. Overall just being conscious of it they will work great unless you forget in the heat of the moment. Seems like they are highly recommended so I'm planning to adapt. Still likely trying the badlands cover just to compare.

The newer ones have a finger strap on the ocular end for quick/easier removal.
Cheaper to buy them off Amazon
I use this style on every scope I have with exposed turrets. They are great, quiet, and protect expensive scopes like no other.

I had the Badlands scope cover and lost it.With the string on the handgrip it made it feel different and uncomfortable for me.
I have broken at least 10 Butler Creek Ocular spring up covers and won't buy them anymore.
This is what I am going to try next https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LFKSRWT/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
May end up like the butler creek as I clean my rifles and put them all in a rifle sock and put them in the safe and when taking them out of the stock I end up damaging the ocular flip up lens covers.
The MKMachine flip up scope covers look like the best ever but they don't stock them.
When you order them then they make what you ordered for 75.00 for front and rear flip up covers.

Last edited:
the neoprene covers certainly cover more and add protection against both turrets and lens but i have fumbled to remove them in time to shoot. twice an elk nearly escaped at i removed the cover.

Had a friend that had a Nightforce with 56mm and he bought a scopecoat for his.
Or you could contact the guys at MKMachine and they can make a set of flip up scope covers for your scope.They are a little high at 75.00 but quality stuff.They machine what you order so it is true custom made which makes them worth every penny in my book.I just did not want to wait.
https://www.mkmachining.com/product-category/scope-caps-ards/