Best scope and mounts for a Winchester Mod 70 Classic Laredo 7mm Rem Mag?

Mycroft

Hello, new to site. I just picked up a Winchester Model 70 Classic Laredo LRH in 7mm Rem Mag with a BOSS system on it. (new in the box) It's in a HS stock with a heavy bull barrell that is free floated. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good scope and mounts that'll get this rifle set up for 500yrds and up shooting? Thanks.

Hello, new to site. I just picked up a Winchester Model 70 Classic Laredo LRH in 7mm Rem Mag with a BOSS system on it. (new in the box) It's in a HS stock with a heavy bull barrell that is free floated. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good scope and mounts that'll get this rifle set up for 500yrds and up shooting? Thanks.
I went with an EGW 0MOA rail and TSRW rings.

Scope wise you can get along with many of them out to 500yds, but I would not put a cheap scope on any magnum.

10x is plenty of magnification for anything but prairie dogs and rabbits at that range so I'd say see if you can pick up a good used Leupold 3.5-10x50 in the classifieds here or maybe on Ebay. Great scopes well worth the money.

The other suggestion I'd make is a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44.

If you have the budget to do so, you might consider stepping up to something like the 4.5-14 IOR Tactical. Phenomenal scope for the money.

the best for the money is a vortx viper 6-24. my son in law won the first 1000 yard match he shot in with a 7mm laredo loaded with 168 bergers. it shot great.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.