Best Sausage Gravy Recipe - HOMEMADE

No gut butts or lips in scrapple. Hot dogs maybe. Nothing better than scrapple fresh out the kettle. Maybe the pork rinds(crackling) hot and fresh.
Homemade corn waffles and sausage gravy is a tasty treat.

True to its name, scrapple makes use of every last bit of pork, from meat to skin to organs like liver and tongue. These off-cuts are ground finely and blended with pork stock and binders like wheat flour, buckwheat flour, or cornmeal, then seasoned with salt and a blend of spices that varies by producer. The result is a loaf that keeps its shape when sliced, becoming crispy and caramelized on the outside and warm and tender on the inside when fried in a pan.
When I was a kid 60 years ago anything leftover from a hog was made into SCRAP - PEL. Notice the SCRAP in Scrappel!

All those years eating breakfast in PA and no mention of scrapple? I'm slightly suspicious of you good sir. 😆
Being a West Virginia (Shenandoah Valley) expat in Montana, if I want it I gotta make my own ;)

VHpX2pC.jpg

BnkPBT3.jpg

Xbi8lqR.jpg

And if you ask "what's in it?" You probably ain't gonna eat it, lol.

If you really knew what was in SCRAPPLE and how it is made you would not eat it or MAYBE you would.
For those of you that have partaken in the meal of fried Scrapple please tell everyone what the ingredients are!
Yes as I stated I had Scrapple many times, but not a fan of it, nor would i buy it again.
We are in the heart of scrapple country…Lancaster county Pa. You can get good and bad scrapple. Good scrapple is made from boiling pork bones off and adding pork meat, corn meal and seasoning. It is a very tasty treat for breakfast. Store bought scrapple is bland. You need to buy it from a good butcher. Cut 1/4 inch thick fry in a little bacon grease too with some real maple syrup and enjoy!

We are in the heart of scrapple country…Lancaster county Pa. You can get good and bad scrapple. Good scrapple is made from boiling pork bones off and adding pork meat, corn meal and seasoning. It is a very tasty treat for breakfast. Store bought scrapple is bland. You need to buy it from a good butcher. Cut 1/4 inch thick fry in a little bacon grease too with some real maple syrup and enjoy!
Yes sir! Been to Lancaster. Born and grew up in Bear Creek, PA outside of Wilkes-Barre.
When I was a kid my father would take us fishing and we would eat "Fat Back". A slab of pork fat (like bacon without the meat) and put on a stick and cook over a campfire and eat off the stick. No wounder why a lot of people had Heart Problems. But then again "FAT" was a staple part of the diet back then. Everyone also did physical labor all day.