Best rings

Ud1

Happy New!!! Just joined.
I need some input as to what rings to purchase for a Leupold VX3 8.5-25 scope I received for Christmas. The scope will be mounted on a Mark V 270 Weatherby mag
Laser Mark that already has a EGW picatinny rail 20 MOA mounted on it.
I have always used Weaver rings in the past and never had a problem, but now I want something different as I may, in the near future purchase a 300 Weatherby mag and want to put the scope on that rifle.
My thoughts are to go with:
1. EGW tactical or 6 hole
2. Burris signature std or xtr.
3. Weaver std. as I have used in the past.......or their tactical.

I would appreciate any input you can provide.

Thanks.

Ud1

I doubt that recoil on either rifle you mention will be a significant problem.

Avoid Leopold or Redfield windage adjustable bases and associated rings. I suggest this due to my experience of never having problems with them on standard '06 family of cartridges and even the 270 Allen Magnum.

When I got to the 338 RUM and 300 grain offerings the windage portion of the bases failed after only a few shots.

I use Burris Signature rings with the plastic inserts and dove tail bases both front and back. The +/- 10 inserts are usually able to compensate for loss of rear windage base adjustment should the base mounting hole be a bit out of line. Which shouldn't be a prob on Whby actions but is more common on some others.

HTH

Thanks royinidaho. I was just reviewing the specs on the Burris xtr signature and the xtr tactical. I am sorta kinda leaning that way. Also looking at the EGW tactical rings. I know the people and have purchased their picatinny rails for all of my rifles. They produce great quality parts. I'll post again once I make up my mind.

Thanks FEENIX! Another tick mark added on the Burris side. Burris is looking good right now. I'm getting close to taking the leap!
Nice ribbons. Thanks for your service.
From a jarhead.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.