Best Rifle Out Of The Box Part two

Will do Wildrose and thanks for your assistance in my journey!

Three of us are going into a remote area with two Argos. My friend I am going with is a retired outfitter, he has killed three of the all time biggest Moose ever taken in Alberta out of the top 15 moose taken with a bow. Hope to bag a moose that is over 60".

The last moose his killed there was over 60" and by his estimation it weighted around 1500 lbs. That is a cranker by any standards. :)

Will do Wildrose and thanks for your assistance in my journey!

Three of us are going into a remote area with two Argos. My friend I am going with is a retired outfitter, he has killed three of the all time biggest Moose ever taken in Alberta out of the top 15 moose taken with a bow. Hope to bag a moose that is over 60".

The last moose his killed there was over 60" and by his estimation it weighted around 1500 lbs. That is a cranker by any standards. :)
Sounds great, I sure wish I could tag along. Killing just one big moose is on my bucket list and that list is getting pretty short.

Have a good time and I wish you the very best of luck.

Will do Barrelnut! This is SuzieQ all dressed up and ready to kill. Pretty sexy if you ask me :)

G7cZMmvl.jpg

Hey KB, what height rings are you running? Are the Talleys? Pinned?
Nice setup and good luck =)
I've gone the "semi-custom" rouge too and had an awesome shooter, but resale value suffered big time compared full custom. Have you seen how those Nosler ABLR perform on game yet?

Hey KB, what height rings are you running? Are the Talleys? Pinned?
Nice setup and good luck =)
I've gone the "semi-custom" rouge too and had an awesome shooter, but resale value suffered big time compared full custom. Have you seen how those Nosler ABLR perform on game yet?

Thanks wilkup!

The rings I am using are the Talley 30MM Weatherby Light Weight (6 Lug) (Med). Not sure what the resale value will be, but I will not be selling this rifle before a lot of critters bite the dust and will most likely hand it down rather then sell it in the end.

The Improvements I made only made SuzieQ a much better and more accurate rifle. All I did was swap out their crap 2 contour barrel and replaced it with a 3 contour Wilson Match Grade barrel then glass bedded and free floated it. Before I made these improvements this rifle was the furthest thing from a long range rifle that you can imagine, now it meets that criteria.

The first time I will use this rifle with the ABLR's will be on my upcoming moose hunt so I do not know how they preform on Game yet. I will say that I have been using the 180 Gr. Nosler Trophy Grade Accubonds in my 300 WSM and the results on game has been excellent. I expect no less from the ABLR's.

What I do know is that I would not want to be the intended target, at any range lol

Gotta have some love for the 700's when you can pick up a decent action for less than $400 and aftermarket is incredible. Here's one that shoots alright 300 wsm
34B3E6DF-0981-4054-80CC-4EA94D5D4212_zpslhnrooij.jpg

450 yards only had three shots left my 11 year shot up the rest and he made a nice 7 shot group around 2"

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts