Best rifle case for the money.

I don't buy it.
DSC00560.jpg

Don't fall for it. I just bought the Plano double gun case.it was actually broken when I recieved it. Nice break in the main body. Of course I returned it. Looking at Pelican now. I want to be able to use my rifle when I get where the action is. I feel ashamed that I wouldn't pay $300 to protect a $8000 rifle.

Don't fall for it. I just bought the Plano double gun case.it was actually broken when I recieved it. Nice break in the main body. Of course I returned it. Looking at Pelican now. I want to be able to use my rifle when I get where the action is. I feel ashamed that I wouldn't pay $300 to protect a $8000 rifle.

I agree! Ever see a pack horse roll down a mountain with your hot rod long range cannon? I will pay the extra, because the airline gorilla is the least of my problems!

I learned the solution to the Airlines problem years ago. When you get to the airport and check in your baggage, tell them you want insurance on your gun case. They'll try to talk you out of it but you should insist. Just buy enough to cover the case, maybe $200-$300 worth of insurance. It's not that expensive, $10-$15. They will put a big orange sticker on the outside of the case. It will be hand carried everywhere it goes. No conveyors, no baggage carts, not baggage gorillas throwing it around. It will be handed to the guy in the cargo hold and hand delivered to you in the baggage claim office. It's the only way to fly with an expensive firearm.

lightbulbExcellent recommendation! lightbulb

Here's another case to consider >>> Gun Armor

Check out the cabelas knock off. Same case as my pelican but I actually prefer the latches better. Hate to say it I choose them over pelican every time now. It is an identical case except the latches. You can get them on sale almost monthly for $150.00 and as always you can get 20% off with coupon

As others have mentioned, the Plano is a good option but I'd give Pelican a serious look. Even if it does mean a bit more money.

If you have a 6 or 7 thousand dollar rifle and going on a hunt of a lifetime, then why would you risk it with going with a product that is "ify". All my accompanying rifles for my hunts are secured within a Pelican case....period.

I'm not sure if they are still doing it but Alum-Line in Cresco Iowa used to fabricate gun cases to order and they were awesome cases at a reasonable price.

I have Pelican, original types and the newer lighter Vault cases (original are better) and Plano all weather, single and double rifle cases. Pelicans are by far better than Plano. The closest cases to pelican are the Harbor Freight cases. They are a pretty good knock off. I also use my drag bag rifle and tactical cases inside the hard case both for padding and so I have the soft case when I get to my destination. I only use the Pelican cases for air travel and travel in general. The Planos are best for quick range trips where I still want a hard case that I can cable lock the case inside my vehicle.