Best repeatable optics under 1k

I've run my Leupold LR Tactical which looks the same as a Mk4 since 1991, it's been reliable. Other than that I'd vote for SWFA, older used IOR's, used NF's.

Bought a scope that has so far been great ,Tract Toric. Has incredible turrets, zero stop that is solid , zero reset. Sightron SIII in various power, reticle's, are both in your price range. Tract offers a great military/ vet discount.

I would also be curious to know why you have no confidence in Leupold, I have probably 10 older Leupold scopes and have had no issues.

Bushnell Elite DMR2 3.5x21 is the best bang for your buck at $1000.00 currently. Very durable, and tracking has never failed me. G3 reticle with FFP is a great quick accusation scope. Throw lever already installed in the box. Open turrets , zero stop is spot on. Windage knob is a push n pull locking type. I've been REALLY REALLY happy with it. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. Although with an additional $400 . The DMR2 Pro with the EXCELLENT ED glass can be had.

Have you checked out Riton optics? Glass is from Japan, all built in AZ. They are pretty good and reliable. They are a new company, competing with Vortex

When I contacted them I was told there's is made in China. There's a couple of guys here (@Aoudad shooter1975 ) that owns Riton scopes that are pleased with them, perhaps they'll chime in.

Sightron SIII
+1 on the Sightron SIII. I have three of the 6X24-50 second focal plane non-illuminated scopes. The turret clicks are sharp and precise and the optics are better than three other brands I own that are three times the price. I got one on sale for less than $600.00.

Don't overlook the Nightforce SHV series. Depending on what magnification you prefer, they are right in your price range. I own two of them and have put them through their paces having dialed elevation out to 1200yds yards countless times with no issues on tracking and return to zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.