Best Reloading Manual And Why?

Harry Knutz

Hello,

I have been reloading for well over 30 years and I have about 20 or more loading manuals, But the newest one I had until last year was the Speer #13, Anyway I just bought last years Hornady manual but I would like to buy another one or two, I would like to hear from you guy's which manual is the best choice and why you think so? Thanks HK

Also, The reason I have manuals that I keep dating back to the 60's, Is because I mess with a lot of obsolete calibers that are no longer published, So hang on to those old manuals, Don't throw them away there's a lot of good info in them.

Hello,

I have been reloading for well over 30 years and I have about 20 or more loading manuals, But the newest one I had until last year was the Speer #13, Anyway I just bought last years Hornady manual but I would like to buy another one or two, I would like to hear from you guy's which manual is the best choice and why you think so? Thanks HK

Also, The reason I have manuals that I keep dating back to the 60's, Is because I mess with a lot of obsolete calibers that are no longer published, So hang on to those old manuals, Don't throw them away there's a lot of good info in them.
Hey Brother Curly
I now know where to go for reloading info with you having manuals from over the years!
Thanks
Semper Fi
Len & Jill

If you do a google search for reloading manual pdf or free reloading manual you can find all sorts of them to download, new and old.
Howdy, I'm with you HK I've been buying them since I started loading over 25 yrs ago. When a new one comes out I get it. I have books from just about every bullet manufacturers in the world, ( free world) .Speer new one is nice, alot of good info. I'm setting here now looking through Nosler #7 . No good reason, I like reading and looking at what changes. 👍

I have the new Hornady Manual but my main gripe about it is they recycled quite a few calibers from past manuals so the newer powders weren't listed for a lot of the older calibers, Some of the older calibers got newer powders but most of them didn't. I was surprised that the 7x65R Caliber actually had some of the newer powders, So that must be one of the Ballisticians pet projects. I love building rifles for oddball stuff with rims, I have a barrel in the lathe that I am chambering tomorrow in 7x65R that's why I noticed it. I was at Ace Hardware a month or 2 ago and they had Superformance and not much else, So I bought 5 pounds of it, It was a powder I had never used before, I was surprised to see that Hornady had included that powder in the 7x65R Data.

Overall, I am Happy with the New Hornady book, But I want a couple more manuals so I can get loads for the newer powders.

Online, LoadData.com, Ammo guide.com, here in the reloading forum, or at 24hr CF,

There is no reason to ever buy a manual, to many people forced out of their norms by shortages found a better way to skin a cat.

I've wasted too much money on manuals, when it's readily available for the asking, here or the manufacturers. It might take a day or two, but it will be up to date and not something that is outdated or superceded ad soon as the ink dries.

I have a handful of manuals. The two I look at the most are Lee and Nosler. The Nosler most accurate load is often very close to a great load and the Lee manual has many powders + has full powder/power load ranges.
Hornady + Berger are rather conservative.

I have a handful of manuals. The two I look at the most are Lee and Nosler. The Nosler most accurate load is often very close to a great load and the Lee manual has many powders + has full powder/power load ranges.
Hornady + Berger are rather conservative.
Yeah I also tend to look at my LEE book a lot also, That old fart included a lot of different powders and cartridges, And a lot of obsolete cartridges. And I like that he put a rudimentary drawing of each one too. The Nosler Books I have are ancient, And honestly I don't use them that often.

The only reason I want more books is for the newer powders. I like books.

Last edited: