best reloading dies

buzzyb

having a custom 300 win mag built and am looking for the best dies for reloading, what is everybody using.
thanks

I always do a mismatch with Redding type S FL sizer and Forster BR seater. Whidden makes a **** good die set also. I have found that running a mandrel to set my neck tension as last step it seems that all the descent die companies produce fine ammo! Forster BR FL sizer is also nice with all the guts ripped out.

I love Whiddens dies I'm getting ready to try his click adjustable on a 6.5x06AI when it gets put together.

Redding body die for the sizing and shoulder bump and a Lee collet die for the neck sizing with a Forster seater. Works great for me. JMO

I've always used redding across the board until recently. I borrowed a buddies Forrester micrometer seated and was very impressed with the run out and quality of the die. Since then I've bought several forested seated and residents. For the price, they are hard to beat.

I prefer Redding full length s bushing with competition seater. Forster and Whidden seater plugs have a tendency to loosen.

Preference is Redding Dies. I like the 3 die sets. Good quality and consistent product.

As for the NK or FL for accuracy, in my experience its rifle dependent. As mentioned above, its hard to beat a correctly set up FL die for consistent results however.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts