best reloading dies

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by buzzyb, Nov 6, 2018.

1. buzzyb

buzzyb Member

having a custom 300 win mag built and am looking for the best dies for reloading, what is everybody using.
    thanks

2. Remmy700

Remmy700 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I always do a mismatch with Redding type S FL sizer and Forster BR seater. Whidden makes a damn good die set also. I have found that running a mandrel to set my neck tension as last step it seems that all the descent die companies produce fine ammo! Forster BR FL sizer is also nice with all the guts ripped out.

3. can1010

can1010 Well-Known Member

Whidden bushing sizer, Forster micro seater.

4. buzzyb

buzzyb Member

Is it best to fl size or neck size for best acurracy

5. Remmy700

Remmy700 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I did neck sizing for years but always ran into those rounds that wouldn’t chamber etc. IMO u can’t beat a good FL sizer set up correctly. When setup right u ain’t working brass and all your stuff stays consistent, which in reloading is the name of the game.

6. can1010

can1010 Well-Known Member

I like the reliability of full length sizing

waterdog540 likes this.
  7. L.Sherm

L.Sherm Well-Known Member

I love Whiddens dies I'm getting ready to try his click adjustable on a 6.5x06AI when it gets put together.

8. cape cove

cape cove Well-Known Member

Redding body die for the sizing and shoulder bump and a Lee collet die for the neck sizing with a Forster seater. Works great for me. JMO

9. Mach 1

Mach 1 Well-Known Member

I've always used redding across the board until recently. I borrowed a buddies Forrester micrometer seated and was very impressed with the run out and quality of the die. Since then I've bought several forested seated and residents. For the price, they are hard to beat.

10. Deputy819

Deputy819 Well-Known Member

I'm using Redding Type S Full Length Match Bushing Dies and a 21st Century expander die. Very concentric/consistent results.

Remmy700 likes this.
  11. elf

elf Active Member

Send 3 fired cases and $70 to Harrels in VA. In 2 weeks you will have a FL sizer chambered to match your reloads.

http://harrellsprec.com/

12. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

I prefer Redding full length s bushing with competition seater. Forster and Whidden seater plugs have a tendency to loosen.

waterdog540 likes this.
  13. mustang58

mustang58 Well-Known Member

I like a vickerman type seater. Ponsness-Warren makes one. Less run out for me.

14. Tex LR

Tex LR Active Member

Preference is Redding Dies. I like the 3 die sets. Good quality and consistent product.

As for the NK or FL for accuracy, in my experience its rifle dependent. As mentioned above, its hard to beat a correctly set up FL die for consistent results however.