Best rangefinder for elr

I have a Leica 1600, Leica 2700, and a Terrapin. The Terrapin is the best but also cost more than double the 2700. The 2700 is a substantial jump up from the 1600 in speed and in distance it will read. It's pretty common to get readings on animals at half the rated range and that would put a 2700 at 1350yds or further than 99.9% of the people take shots at game. It's more than the Nikon's but the glass is exceptional and has been stated, the beam divergence is small compared to most other cheaper rangefinders. I bought mine from Cabelas when you could get 20% off gift cards from ebay plus Active Junky bucks and it ended up costing me a little over 600.00. Now you cant get Active Junky bucks using gift cards and the 20% off gift cards haven't been on ebay for months. With the current gift cards from Raise it would be about 800.00 for a 2700.

If all your hitting is targets and you can put reflective tape on buy the Nikon 4K. 2 miles is no problem for it on stop signs. I have even got readings of up to a little over 3600 on a road reflector signs. I am going to see how far I can get a sign with it.

Not to mention you can get it for less then 400.00 at the right place. Just read a slow vehicle moving sign @ 2829. Did not try for farther.

If you can paint the target with high reflective paint of put reflective tape on it. For the dollar you will not read farther or even as far.

Looking for a new rangefinder. I currently have the sig 2000 and it has been pretty decent but looking to upgrade. My buddy has the Nikon 4000 and it has been pretty decent to 900 on game and 1200 on steel but looking for a little more. Any suggestions on a rangefinder that will range game to 1,000+ and steel to 1760 Budget is Looking to stay under 2k if possible.
FYI, short notice, but Eurooptic has 3 day sale for Sig2400ABS at $899. Eurooptic is great to deal with. Tells me that Sig has new offering in the wings. But, at that price, it is hard to beat.
Sig Sauer March Madness | www.eurooptic.com | 570-368-3920

Save $400 on the Sig Sauer KILO2400ABS Laser Rangefinder during our March Madness Sale on select Sig Sauer optics! Only 3 days left

FYI, short notice, but Eurooptic has 3 day sale for Sig2400ABS at $899. Eurooptic is great to deal with. Tells me that Sig has new offering in the wings. But, at that price, it is hard to beat.

Save $400 on the Sig Sauer KILO2400ABS Laser Rangefinder during our March Madness Sale on select Sig Sauer optics! Only 3 days left
**** I just PUKED WHEN I read this! ANDY at LRH I JUST PD YOU $1299.00
2 MONTHS AGO! AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!
I watched prices for 2 years!!!
Theosmithjr

Maybe its the fact you can get there bino Rangefinder right now for under 1000?? They claim they can range farther then the kilo2400 Time will tell.

Maybe its the fact you can get there bino Rangefinder right now for under 1000?? They claim they can range farther then the kilo2400 Time will tell.
Europtics has always been my GO TO STORE! BOUGHT ALL MY SCOPES there.
The SIGKILO2400 ABS was my 1st purchase from LRH Store. Might be my LAST! HOPE ANDY & LEN HAVE NICE HUNTS ON ME! LOL
IT'S ALL GOOD I GUESS! I WATCHED FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE I MADE THE PURCHASE! OOOOOOHHHH WELL!
Theosmithjr

I have the real expensive Terrapin Paper weight.Got about 2 years out of it,dropped it once,no work.$800 dollars to generate a quote,then more for repair,was quoted up to $1500,add that to install cost and see how you like it.I would NEVER spend a dime on one again

The Sig 2400 is a very competitive and capable product but IMO, the pricing/marketing policies of Sig(Optics) seem very amateurish. When the next generation of Sig RF is introduced, who would ever pay the introduction price! Wait 2 years and get a +40% break....with the bugs finally worked out. It's possible we could be seeing an inventory dump in preparation for an advanced capability replacement. If so, I surly won't be paying the initial price.

The Sig 2400 is a very competitive and capable product but IMO, the pricing/marketing policies of Sig(Optics) seem very amateurish. When the next generation of Sig RF is introduced, who would ever pay the introduction price! Wait 2 years and get a +40% break....with the bugs finally worked out. It's possible we could be seeing an inventory dump in preparation for an advanced capability replacement. If so, I surly won't be paying the initial price.

I agree. Let it be out and tested before going in. They almost always get better and the price drops. Was not the kilo2400 1499.00 when it first came out or was it 1399.00? I feel like it was 1499.00.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.