Best Quick Detach scope mount

I prefer Recknagel QR rotary mounts, and have a set on my switch-barrel bolt action. I have a 25-06 and a 30-06 barrel, so am set up with a 1-8x for the 30 and a 2-12x for the 25. High-end German engineering.

Speaking of German...I also have a post-war Merkel/Krieghoff Over-Under rifle in 7x75R with claw mounts. Claw mounts are awesome but not something I recommend installing on a rifle after the fact...

Last edited:
" If you want the best you will buy BOBRO. I have 3 of them and they are the best in detachable mount. I've never had to rezero. They are extremely well built and a great group of people run the company. "

http://www.bobroengineering.com/[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talkin about right there!!

Great so far guys let's hear more.

Last edited:
Agree w/all regarding installing rails on all platforms. I would recommend using best quality from a single manufacturer. I have had great results with Badger Ordnance 20 MOA rails installed with red loctite and torqued to spec. I move a PMII set in Badger Ordnance M24 USMC rings between two Remington 700s. The Badger components work so well together and I'm able to keep the scope so close to the barrel that I haven't considered a unimount. Given that these rifles are used for PRS, zero is re-verifed on an indoor 100m range off bags - w/0.1-0.3 mil adjustments.

For comparison, I would add that I have used ADM, Steyr proprietary QD rings and Geissele unimounts and single-piece MRO mounts. The Geisseles were excellent with almost no MOA shift swapping a Vortex Strike Eagle in a unimount and a Trijicon MRO on QDs between an SBR and carbine upper (verified w/laser and benchrest shooting at under 1/4 MOA avg). The ADM and the Steyr were also similarly excellent performers. The Steyr rings (though not dedicated to the rifle, but were supplied with it) required a more complex attach/detach operation w/a thumbscrew and a very small set screw. The ADMs were simply sidelined post-Geissele.

The key is in setting up the rail right for repeatability and 100% getting the torque right on all components. Quality torque wrench, too.

So I would like some feedback on quick detach scope mounts.
I have two rifles a biggame rifle (300win.) a coyote rifle (6x284) and a limited budget. The 300win. only gets used during elk season and the 6x284 the rest of the year. I know that QDmount is probably not good for ELR but I would typically only shoot out to 6-700yds.
So my idea is to buy one scope and move it back and forth as needed.
This is where a quality mount comes in. I'm hoping that the rezero would be repeatable so that it would always be let's say, 5.5moa down and 3.25moa left then just one shot to confirm. Then just reverse that when going back. A simple procedure that could be done in seconds. If it would work then just keep adding rifles and documenting the necessary adjustments to bring it to zero
Maybe my question is, is that kind of repeatability possible?
Have any of y'all tried this? Used QD scope mounts? Which one is the best?
I have Sphur and LaRue Tactical. Recommend either without reservation, making sure the picatinny rail is of high quality and solid. For a high quality Pic Rail, I would recommend NearMFG.com. I particularly like the index lugs on the underside of the rail which are said to add strength and limit flex to the action ejection port opening.

Last edited:
I have two rifles a biggame rifle (300win.) a coyote rifle (6x284) and a limited budget. The 300win. only gets used during elk season and the 6x284 the rest of the year. I know that QDmount is probably not good for ELR but I would typically only shoot out to 6-700yds.
This is where a quality mount comes in. I'm hoping that the rezero would be repeatable so that it would always be let's say, 5.5moa down and 3.25moa left then just one shot to confirm. Then just reverse that when going back. A simple procedure that could be done in seconds. If it would work then just keep adding rifles and documenting the necessary adjustments to bring it to zero
Not on bolt guns, but I have several Larue mounts and can pop the scope on and off without losing zero. I think they make regular QD rings as well as the one piece mount. Not cheap but they work and are very rugged.

Go with the Warne Detachable. Got them on mine for the exact same reason. Zero on 1 rifle, switch to other rifle, rezero. Write down the difference in scope settings. Good to go.

Have any of y'all tried this? Used QD scope mounts? Which one is the best?[/QU
I got German Recknagel swing mount and have to tell you that there isn't any shift in POI

" If you want the best you will buy BOBRO. I have 3 of them and they are the best in detachable mount. I've never had to rezero. They are extremely well built and a great group of people run the company. "

http://www.bobroengineering.com/

That's what I'm talkin about right there!!

Great so far guys let's hear more.[/QUOTE]

I don't think whatever you use your not going to get away without having to re zero.

Might be ok for 100yrds being 1moa or slightly more out but if your going straight to 500yrds you could be 5MOA + out, that's a fair amount imo!

Here's an example, even with the Bobro

The thing you will notice from the vid is the POI direction changes with each time the scope is removed so its not just a matter recording how much it moves & changing your windage etc & thinking you will be re zero'd as you don't know which way it has moved!

Last edited:
I have a Larue quick release one piece mount and love it.

No such thing as best and Quick detach in the same sentence.....is there?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts