Best puffy layer for reasonable price.

I bought an 850 fill hooded puffy from REI that was extremely light weight and packed into its own pocket. I wore it all of last winter and it seems pretty legit. I'm pretty sure I got it for $270, so not super low cost, but half of what arc'teryx would be.

I bought an 850 fill hooded puffy from REI that was extremely light weight and packed into its own pocket. I wore it all of last winter and it seems pretty legit. I'm pretty sure I got it for $270, so not super low cost, but half of what arc'teryx would be.

Not entirely true, the Arcteryx ATOM AR that has been mentioned here is everywhere online from $225-$270.

I got a Stone Glacier Grumman this week, it's incredible for the weight. 5.3 oz of 850+ treated down and my XL weighs 12.75 oz on my scale.

I would look at eBay for new with tags military surplus ECWCS parka and zip off pants

Pants are great to throw on when glassing. Parka fits over everything and keeps you warm when sitting. Of course, layer as you normally would

Fairly cheap compared to other stuff

Synthetic insulation is still useful when wet vs down which is a liability.

picked up a REI house brand puffy jacket for like $85 a few years ago that fits what you are looking for. Probably going to see them on sale right about now too since they're out of season. They've got a tan, almost camo-like one for $68 right now in fact

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.