Best price on Leupold scopes ?

Who has the best prices on Leupold scopes ? Bob

No one gives them away. Always consider shipping and taxes in the price. No one has the best prices all the time that I've found. I''ve gotten good deals at various times at:

ebay (new and used)
gunbroker.com (new and used)
shooting forums with a classified ad section (new and used)
SWFA
Bear Basin Outfitters
Bruno shooter supply

Considering Leupold's excellent warranty used scopes are often the best deal. Before you even shoot that new scope you mounted on your rifle it's used too.

Get a C&R FFL and apply for MidwayUSA's dealer program. Their prices are about 20% less than SWFA with the discount!

Leupold sets there prices such that any authorized dealer has a minimum price that they must charge. Some sell only a few percent over cost and make up for it in volume. Your best bet is to find a used or NIB private sale...for example I'm going to be posting a NIB, never mounted Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14x40mm with mil-dot reticle for $725 plus ship...that's $100 less than I paid for it and $75 less than the best deals from any of the online vendors.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!

I have just about made up my mind to send a couple I have now out for some upgrades and use the leftover $$$ for some new barrel blanks.

Bob

Well it figures, I have already been a Hunter Ed instructor and an FFL dealer, just not either one at the present time. ( I work nights now) I will be getting a C&R but we are moving across the street in the near future so I figured I would just wait and save the address change hassle.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.