best powder for 6.5 PRC ?

Right now I'm using RL-25 because I can't find any RL-26. I've been getting good results with several 140 gr. bullets loading 57 gr. Accuracy is hanging in the 1/2" area with the Berger and Hornady bullets, getting >< 3000 fps in a 24" barrel Savage 110 High Country

Unfortunately most barrel decide what powder they like. There can be one that seems to be a favorite for most, but just will not work in your rifle. I recommend looking at the available load data, selecting the powder that gives you near maximum velocity and pressure at 98% to 100% case density and start with reduced loads. I have had many firearms that just wouldn't shoot the popular powders and had to think outside of the box to find the best accuracy.

Starting with the most popular powders is a good start but just don't settle for good
when you might be missing out on a really good powder.

J E CUSTOM

Right now I'm using RL-25 because I can't find any RL-26. I've been getting good results with several 140 gr. bullets loading 57 gr. Accuracy is hanging in the 1/2" area with the Berger and Hornady bullets, getting >< 3000 fps in a 24" barrel Savage 110 High Country
Is the 110 high country 6.5 prc built on a long action? Interesting their website says its built on an 1:8 6 groove barrel where as the 6.5 cr is 5 groove.

Thanks all. Had some interesting results this am. Previously I had followed hrnady book workrd up to 59gr h1000 but only got to 2915 fps. This morning I went incrementally to 62gr before I hit 3100 fps which was the book value for 59 gr. No signs of pressure so I guess we are good to go work up for accuracy. I will try your other powder suggestions. I am particularly interested in the 4831sc because that is the one I picked out by eyeballing the cartridge data. You guys are very helpful because to go thru all the magnum powder offerings that I have in stock borders on prohibitive, not to mention tedious.

The Savage 110 High Country is a short action and it is a 6 grove right hand twist barrel
Their website specs must be all wrong. It shows they same exact length/weight for the prc and 300wm, both 24" barrels, so I assumed(hoped) it was built on a long action. I'm looking for a cheap truck gun in 6.5prc. Mossberg is now chambering the patriot in prc, hopefully ruger starts the American in it as well.

Their website specs must be all wrong. It shows they same exact length/weight for the prc and 300wm, both 24" barrels, so I assumed(hoped) it was built on a long action. I'm looking for a cheap truck gun in 6.5prc. Mossberg is now chambering the patriot in prc, hopefully ruger starts the American in it as well.
I got a Mauser 18 and am very impressed with it. Very tight groups for a hunting barrel profile (1/2 moa when you get the bullet and load right). It will start to move from heat if you do more than about 7 shots without cool down.