Best powder for 6.5 prc besides rl26 h1000 retumbo

I guess I would make a copy of a burn rate chart when you're shopping around. You'll need a quick decision when you buy powder. Better be prepared with options if you see it online or in person. I don't know what published data is out there. Find that out as well.

Sadly that seems to be a real tall order right now, in terms of availability. I just stalked hodgdons website long enough and got a small tip from customer service that with dedication, perseverance and discipline, secured some H1000 on Tuesday. Only been working to find it since June. Unfortunately more sarcasm than help from me on this topic! Good luck with your search

I just found some Fairy Dust in the form of R26, Retumbo, and H1000 at a local sporting goods store.
In one pounders(🤮)
They would only let me get two pounds of each per day. I'll be there tomorrow though.
Wish I could find some N570
And to the original poster= have you considered H4831SC ?
It's one of my favorites for similar cartridges

I have not tried anything yet my barrel should be here next week. Everything I have been reading says rl26 is what it likes. I get every gun is different but for the majority it's rl26 or h1000. My barrel is a 1/7.5 twist think the 156 Berger's are the way to go?

Hello
I shoot 156 gr bullet with N576 at 58 grain in my 6.5 PRC, you can find N565 at graft and son, I shoot less than half MOA at 3045 FPS, good luck.

tom

Hello
I shoot 156 gr bullet with N576 at 58 grain in my 6.5 PRC, you can find N565 at graft and son, I shoot less than half MOA at 3045 FPS, good luck.

tom
That's where I want to be! Just over 3000 and 1/2 moa or less
I just found some Fairy Dust in the form of R26, Retumbo, and H1000 at a local sporting goods store.
In one pounders(🤮)
They would only let me get two pounds of each per day. I'll be there tomorrow though.
Wish I could find some N570
And to the original poster= have you considered H4831SC ?
It's one of my favorites for similar cartridges
i haven't. I've got some regular h4831 but never tried the sc

Powder valley had H1000 8lb kegs as recently as a week ago for $216. I'd recommend another powder to you, but I've had such good luck with H1000 I haven't bothered to look elsewhere.

That's where I want to be! Just over 3000 and 1/2 moa or less

i haven't. I've got some regular h4831 but never tried the sc
I have 0 experience with H4831 but extensive with the short cut. Am told they are the same.
I run all powder through a drop tube, final measure through a powder dump an hand trickle each round.
Drop tube is 12". I reload for accuracy, not speed.
Have seldom found both qualities without excessive thought erosion. Have to pay for speed, but accuracy can be found just a bit under the hottest thing on the shelf

My wife and have recently purchased enoug" Pixey Dust" powder and a range of primers to get us through the Covid movement.
I haven't bought it in 1 lbs. increments in a very long time, at least it is all the same lot.
For me my and wife's rig, to have more than 4 lbs of H1000 is unheard of in these neck a lot he woods,

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts