Best Pack Food

That's the Mountain House muds! Be careful!
I much prefer Peak meals over MH.
Any recommendations from peak, the Chad Mendes series seems pretty interesting, venison and bison. I've only tried the sweet pork one and it was too sweet for me, when it comes to a hunting meal. I've heard the alfredo and chicken pesto were very good.

Any recommendations from peak, the Chad Mendes series seems pretty interesting, venison and bison. I've only tried the sweet pork one and it was too sweet for me, when it comes to a hunting meal. I've heard the alfredo and chicken pesto were very good.
I agree. The sweet pork is way to sweet. Every meal I've tried from Peak has been pretty good. I'm a big fan of the beef stroganoff, beef chili Mac, chicken Alfredo and chicken pesto. The breakfast skillet and granola is delicious as well. I just ordered the biscuits and gravy and the bison ranch mashers to try out this season.

I do the vacuum sealed mountain house. I've had pretty good luck with them and they taste fine. For 5 days I usually have about 4 lbs of food. I dont eat much and have a relatively low fat diet at about 1800-2000 calories, active. But most of the over counter backpack meals tend to be on the fattier side (for me) and I end up pretty full. I also carry liquid IV and some insta coffee.

I don't remember if I've tried the peaks before. I'll have to remember that for this season and give it a try and pick up a few.

All 26 meals on the MRE list are represented in this picture.
FBCEEC71-31B1-4BB3-A88D-138D69B3AADD.jpeg

Leave it to a Texan to have experience in the flavor of goat dip!😆 Which is high in fiber and omega 3s by the way. Makes a rich, bitter tea not much unlike the flavor of any of the MREs with chicken. Yes, QuietTexan is correct.
If you like carrying excessive packaging weight to take in unbalanced nutrition that tastes like it came out of a goat's ***....... sure.

i freeze dry my own meals which is what i recommend, my freeze drier has already paid for itself, but it's a big up front investment

but if you have to buy off the shelf, i'm in the MRE camp, followed by mountain house.

but i have no experience with peak brand.

What brand of freeze dryer do you have? I would love to go that route. Some things just don't dehydrate good and come back to life.

What brand of freeze dryer do you have? I would love to go that route. Some things just don't dehydrate good and come back to life.

Harvest Right.

i have the medium one

they have (or had) a lay away program. put a deposit up to X amount (and you can pay on that over time as well) and then once you hit the require minimum amount, they get everything and ship it to you. you pay X amount, interest free for a year.

Last edited: