Best (out of the box) bolt action Rifle in 6.5 PRC for quality, light weight and ACCURACY

gsp2west

I'm in the market for a new rifle in 6.5 PRC under $2,000. I'm looking to hear your experience with out of the box quality, light weight and accuracy. This will be for LR hunting antelope, deer and Tx hogs. I reload and always try to get sub MOA at a minimum. Thanks

PM on the way,1/2 moa need not cost anywhere near $2K.
Right you are about that! I have a couple of 6.5 Creedmoors that don't cost near that much and both do better than that. I don't bother much with calculation but I know that when all the bullets touch each other at 200 yards that is a good thing. Or, when they do this straight out of the box at 300 yards. If you're serious PM me. But if you just have $2,000 burning a hole in your pocket, why not spend a bit more on a custom rifle that is everything the way you want. At least then if you get sub-MOA, you can say "It is a custom rifle 🤣"

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_153319900_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201107_153319900_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I don't have one, but under $2k the Seeking Havak gets good reviews for a turn key rifle in 6.5 PRC. You could also do a custom build yourself on a Big Horn Origin with a prefit depending on the barrel, stock, and trigger you want. Other good factory options for below $1k as said above too.

my buddy has the CA traverse in 65 Prc and it shoots awesome with factory 143eldx. I have the ridgeline in 65-284 and have reloaded it to shoot under .5 moa. That being said Im sure the chamber in the ridgeline PRC is the same as traverse and should suit your needs

We have both the Christensen Arms Mesa LR for my son & I shoot their MPR, both in the 6.5 PRC. They both shoot sub half moa, the Mesa is heavier. But.. .I love the MPR! Light weight, stock folds back & held in place by a magnet. I've shot a 3-shot group of .300. Mine is metal barrel "under $2k", carbon just over $2k.

I have a Browning 6.5 prc shoots sub moa always, most of time 1/2 moa depending on me. I believe you can find an out of box that will do this for well under your budget. Many factory rifles produced today are very accurate

I'm in the market for a new rifle in 6.5 PRC under $2,000. I'm looking to hear your experience with out of the box quality, light weight and accuracy. This will be for LR hunting antelope, deer and Tx hogs. I reload and always try to get sub MOA at a minimum. Thanks
Buy the components first and then worry about the rifle. Look how many "want to buy" ads are in the classifieds for 6.5 PRC stuff and 6.5mm bullets. At this point, if you don't have components, you're buying a really expensive club.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.