Best one man tent

bedrok

This seems like a good place to ask: anyone have opinions on their favorite one man tent. It needs to have rain fly and floor. Right now the best I can find without a hands on look is the Hilleberg Akto 1. It's pricey but if it stands up to wind and stays dry it'll be worth it.

I ran the akto for a few years and it was bomber for sure. Had some other mainstream brands in 1 man tents as well. Maybe 5 years back i was holed up in a 1 man tent in a blizzard for 2.5 days preety mich 24/7 and it made me think the best 1 man tent you can find is a 2 man tent! I was going a bit bonkers being that confined and not being able to quite sit up straight at least. After that trip, i sold off my 1 mans and now run a big sky international Chinook 2 man when i am carrying my own shelter. More spacious, sturdy, similar to the weight i had with the akto and rated 4 season. Though i feel the akto is made from tougher stuff than this by a bit still.

As mentioned above it's tough to beat Hilleberg. I have a Nallo GT and love it. I often use just the fly plus a footprint or painters plastic floor if going super light weight. The Anjan is similar to the Nallo but a little bit lighter material and breathes a little better since the fly doesn't go all the way to the ground. Both have a giant vestibule that's great for cooking plus gear!

Hilleberg is never a bad choice if you've got the cash and are willing to spend it. I'd prefer a pyramid tent with a liner. Much more versatile.

I actually started off with an Exped Airies tent that is almost identical to the Nallo. It actually was a great substitute for the price but not quite the quality of the Hilleberg. The Expend version had vents on both ends of the tent which was actually better than just 1 vent on the Nallo!

Well this is a (9) month old post. but I did a lot of backpacking on the AP Trail and hunting throughout the country. Get a TWO person-only a few ounces in weight more and a lot more room - if in fact you think there is any room in these shelters.

Len & Jill

If you can find one the Sierra Designs Solo Assault bivy. I have 2 of them.

sZ93K48.jpg