Best of the West stepped big time!!!

I work with a guy that spent 3 months getting a factory Sendero set up with a Huskemaw scope through one of the three entities and it was a cluster of epic proportions, he would not do it again. I hope someone gets it together!! I did notice that the products available at Gunwerks keep getting more and more like what guys on LRH have been using for years, ACI's and ADI's and hand held ballistics solutions :rolleyes:

At the bottom of your link Aaron says he's leaving BOTW. Does anyone know why?

I'm guessing since they said they joined them to promote there buisness, it has went as far as it can. They are either tired of spending sponsor dollors, or they might be starting there own show. I know one of them is talking to a outfitter about doing a high fence elk hunt out west. 400" bull at 700+ yards. If they did start there own show they could stand to make more money selling sponsor spots.

Long Range Shooters,

Since founding Gunwerks, and laying the groundwork for Huskemaw Optics in 2006, I've worked hard to develop unique LR products that work. Usually just incremental changes, but we made a good start. I also worked very hard to influence much of the long range shooting content at The Best of the West. Now with our new GSeven line of products we will focus in on "the first shot". As of February of this year, I no longer own any part of Best of the West or Huskemaw Optics. Huskemaw Optics will continue to support BDC turrets by licensing Gunwerks' technology.

First off,in the GSeven product line, is the G7 configuration of the Nightforce NXS. One thing I have learned over the years (and several hundred rifles), is that when it comes to rifle scopes, there's pretty good most of the time, and then there is 100% "Built for the First Shot". That's what the new G7 scope (built by Nightforce) offers. The new hand held ballistic program with G7 BC's, Multiple Winds, Trajectory Validation, and Shoot to Range, has been in the works for a few years, in fact the core algorithms are part of our rangefinder project (production as early as October) that allows BC, MV and other inputs to fully tailor the ballistic calculations (read: full ballistic solution). It is also used in our new online program at ballistics.gseven.com. Finally, we will be offering custom BDC turrets that feature BOTH MOA/click divisions AND custom BDC for hasty and deliberate shooting.

Gunwerks has also introduced several new models in its LR series, from Carbon barreled sheep hunters to a 500 yard muzzle loader. The new LR-1200 is geared specifically towards the LRH crowd. At Gunwerks, we don't just build the most complete long range hunting rifles, we also rework customer actions as a platform. Pricing on budget packages is competitive with anyone, but remember with our LR packages we supply the entire system from ammo to optics and all the break-in, validation, setup, and testing work associated with a tuned long range system. Gunwerks even offers two day long range shooting courses through out the year.

We do have a new TV Show coming, as well. Gunwerks will be the title sponsor for Long Range Pursuit. The first show airs in January on Sportsman Channel on Thursday and Friday nights. More shooting, and less goofing. Long Range Shooting is a serious pursuit.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards,

Aaron Davidson
Gunwerks
GSeven
Long Range Pursuit

Re: Best of the West steps up big time!!!

The way I look at the price is like a homeowner can remodel his own home by himself regardless of his skills or he can spend the money on a contractor that has the skill to remodel ya home. And BOTW is top quality that continues to improve.

Sorry if I looked like I was trying to bad mouth BOTW. My title should've have said "Best of the West steps up big time!!!"

Long Range Shooters,

Since founding Gunwerks, and laying the groundwork for Huskemaw Optics in 2006, I've worked hard to develop unique LR products that work. Usually just incremental changes, but we made a good start. I also worked very hard to influence much of the long range shooting content at The Best of the West. Now with our new GSeven line of products we will focus in on "the first shot". As of February of this year, I no longer own any part of Best of the West or Huskemaw Optics. Huskemaw Optics will continue to support BDC turrets by licensing Gunwerks' technology.

First off,in the GSeven product line, is the G7 configuration of the Nightforce NXS. One thing I have learned over the years (and several hundred rifles), is that when it comes to rifle scopes, there's pretty good most of the time, and then there is 100% "Built for the First Shot". That's what the new G7 scope (built by Nightforce) offers. The new hand held ballistic program with G7 BC's, Multiple Winds, Trajectory Validation, and Shoot to Range, has been in the works for a few years, in fact the core algorithms are part of our rangefinder project (production as early as October) that allows BC, MV and other inputs to fully tailor the ballistic calculations (read: full ballistic solution). It is also used in our new online program at ballistics.gseven.com. Finally, we will be offering custom BDC turrets that feature BOTH MOA/click divisions AND custom BDC for hasty and deliberate shooting.

Gunwerks has also introduced several new models in its LR series, from Carbon barreled sheep hunters to a 500 yard muzzle loader. The new LR-1200 is geared specifically towards the LRH crowd. At Gunwerks, we don't just build the most complete long range hunting rifles, we also rework customer actions as a platform. Pricing on budget packages is competitive with anyone, but remember with our LR packages we supply the entire system from ammo to optics and all the break-in, validation, setup, and testing work associated with a tuned long range system. Gunwerks even offers two day long range shooting courses through out the year.

We do have a new TV Show coming, as well. Gunwerks will be the title sponsor for Long Range Pursuit. The first show airs in January on Sportsman Channel on Thursday and Friday nights. More shooting, and less goofing. Long Range Shooting is a serious pursuit.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards,

Aaron Davidson
Gunwerks
GSeven
Long Range Pursuit

Aaron,

Is your rangefinder also a binocular by chance? What magnifcation will it be?

It will be very interesting to follow your development in these projects.

Thanks,

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.