Best of luck to everyone in the Utah and Nevada draw

Sadly there is no perfect system when it comes to big game hunting. OTC doesn't have the age class and harder to draw states don't have a way to make sure everyone gets the chance at an animal of a lifetime. Best way to try and cover it all is to put in for my home state of Nevada, Utah, Colorado ( just points for now) and keep idaho as an option.

With the harder to get tags such as antelope, elk , sheep, and goat, there is a perfect system. The people with the most points get drawn first. If there any left over in that area, the people with the next highest point count get put in a drawing for them. And on down.
It's getting to the point where there's gonna be a need to do this with deer tags. I have a friend who gave up on a deer hunting after 10 points. He's been hunting Nevada since the 70's
There's a lot more wrong with our states system than just the amount of tags they're giving out. But I better stop here before I write book, Or get kicked off of here.
Again, Sorry for the rant. Good luck to everybody!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whelp... Utah was a bust. As the clock SLOWLY creeps towards the magical hour of 6pm, best of luck to everyone on the Nevada results coming up!

2114B0EE-5B13-47A1-8648-D6B4E1EF9F83.png

New here and first post!!!! I drew a Non Res General Elk for Wy. Have a hunt booked with NTO. Glad to be here and have a lot to learn!!!

don't mean to switch gears on this thread, But this gets to me also. I've had 2 friends that had 28+ points before drawing a tag. When they finally drew, they were too old to really hunt hard enough to be successful, All while a guy drew an elk tag with no points, waited his ten years to apply again, and drew another with 2 points.
With this bogus point system, there needs to be a certain percentage of the tags that need to go the people with the most points.
But if they had a preferential point system, they would have to be accountable for every tag. No juicing
Sorry for the rant . THANKS for the thoughts, and good luck to everybody
Im a Nevada resident and for 4 years I have been putting in on all kinds of tags....Still waiting to hunt in my own state. Sucks!

Recent Posts