Best of luck to everyone in the Utah and Nevada draw

dave_halsey

dave_halsey

Sadly there is no perfect system when it comes to big game hunting. OTC doesn't have the age class and harder to draw states don't have a way to make sure everyone gets the chance at an animal of a lifetime. Best way to try and cover it all is to put in for my home state of Nevada, Utah, Colorado ( just points for now) and keep idaho as an option.

jeff z

jeff z

LRH Team Member
With the harder to get tags such as antelope, elk , sheep, and goat, there is a perfect system. The people with the most points get drawn first. If there any left over in that area, the people with the next highest point count get put in a drawing for them. And on down.
It's getting to the point where there's gonna be a need to do this with deer tags. I have a friend who gave up on a deer hunting after 10 points. He's been hunting Nevada since the 70's
There's a lot more wrong with our states system than just the amount of tags they're giving out. But I better stop here before I write book, Or get kicked off of here.
Again, Sorry for the rant. Good luck to everybody!!

Last edited:
dave_halsey

dave_halsey

Whelp... Utah was a bust. As the clock SLOWLY creeps towards the magical hour of 6pm, best of luck to everyone on the Nevada results coming up!

cjuve

cjuve

2114B0EE 5B13 47A1 8648 D6B4E1EF9F83