Best Non-illuninated Low Light Reticle?

libertyman777

I have a Rem Model 7 in .300 Blackout. The practical range for my needs is 75-100 yards. I need a high visibility reticle that is non-illuminated.

Price is a consideration. I'd like a fixed power optic if possible.

My thoughts are that the German #1, while coarse and large, was designed for this very thing in mind because of the lack of illumination back in the day, with the German #4 being a progression from there. And there's also the heavy duplex.

All input is welcome.

AllReticlesflattenedLgr.jpg

trijicon 1x4x30. Its lit with both fiber optic and trinium, has decent optics and is built well. Ive got one on my 762x39 ar15 and have allways said a better short range deer hunting scope was never invented.

The scope brand you prefer with something close to the "heavy duplex" shown. You dont even need to see the fine crosshairs because at 75-100 yds...your eye will go to the center of it all......its just up to you to squeeze the trigger.

The chart pic of "post and duplex" is the reticle in my Kahles Helia Super 6S2. That 6x fixed power scope is amazing at letting me see things in near total darkness. It's going on a suppressed .308 hog rifle.

I have a Rem Model 7 in .300 Blackout. The practical range for my needs is 75-100 yards. I need a high visibility reticle that is non-illuminated.

Price is a consideration. I'd like a fixed power optic if possible.

My thoughts are that the German #1, while coarse and large, was designed for this very thing in mind because of the lack of illumination back in the day, with the German #4 being a progression from there. And there's also the heavy duplex.

All input is welcome.

AllReticlesflattenedLgr.jpg

Is it a legal for hunting thing? I say German post for non lum, but your giving up a lot with out the lum for your intended purpose.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.