Best muzzleloader

That's like saying "What is the best gun out there?". More information is needed. What is your price range, target animals, etc? Are you looking for an inline, flintlock, etc? Do you already have any experience with muzzleloders?

I have a Encore and it's not consistent I've tried everything
My experience with MLs is antiquated to the point I can't comment on what's currently sold. The T/C Omega was the cream of the crop. But now everyone has to have a break action I guess.

I will agree, I knew multiple people with Encore MLs and they fought them constantly.

I have used a CVA Optima in the past and had great success with it. Currently I'm using a Traditions Vortek Strikerfire and I am really enjoying it. Hopefully this October I'll be able to take it to the deer woods.

I'm about to buy a muzzleloader and would like to get some opinions on What is the best muzzleloader out there in your opinion and why
SilencerCo Maxim 50 is the best suppressed muzzle loader I've ever shot. It would be unwieldy to hunt with though…

I hunt with a Thompson Center in-line, but I can't say it's the best out there for the purpose. My working knowledge of BP hunting rifle offerings is a decade out of date unfortunately.

Unless you want to get into a custom, which are expensive, consider the fast twist Knight 45cal. That is... IF .... your state doesn't require a 50cal minimum for larger game.

The 1:20 twist 45cal Mountaineer or the Ultralite are excellent rifles and extremely accurate in the right hands. These rifles have dominated modern inline shooting in organized matches and competitions. No other rifle, short of a custom has come close. Other rifle owners and manufacturers won't even show up.

Now the absolute BEST.......... without question its a custom build.

There are some really great builders out there that will build a top quality firearm, capable of accuracy the owner will be completely amazed at. These are not production pieces of poor quality, but the highest quality and most accurate rifles available. The accuracy of these customs will rival the best CF rifles.

I had a Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader that I probably shouldn't have sold, but it didn't fit my personal needs. It shot great. It was a pleasure to carry in the woods, but I didn't like having to clean it every day (same issue with any muzzleloader).
I ended up with a used like new custom smokeless muzzleloader. It is legal in my special regulations area around Pittsburgh, PA. It is super accurate, and I don't have to clean it every day that I shoot it. And it's like a 45/70 that you load from the muzzle instead of the breech.

A lot of my hunting is a few hours here a couple hours here before going to the office, so I want something that I can shoot to clear the barrel/charge and not have to worry about rust/corrosion by the time I get home that night to clean it.

Good luck....all of these new muzzleloaders shoot great. Find one that fits your needs.
Ross

I prefer Knights rifles starting from the MK85 through the DISC Extreme. If I still lived in VA where the season was longer I would upgrade to the Ultralight. All have shot well and come with Timney Triggers.

Production rifles I would stick with Knight and T/C(friend of mine loves his Encore with some Mike Bellm upgrades). I have never been impressed by the balance or fit and finish of CVA, Traditions, etc.

I prefer Knights rifles starting from the MK85 through the DISC Extreme. If I still lived in VA where the season was longer I would upgrade to the Ultralight. All have shot well and come with Timney Triggers.

Production rifles I would stick with Knight and T/C(friend of mine loves his Encore with some Mike Bellm upgrades). I have never been impressed by the balance or fit and finish of CVA, Traditions, etc.

I have 2 encore muzzleloaders and know a few more people that have them and they shoot great.I am not shooting them past 200 yards.I use 209 at 110 charge weight and 250 gr barnes bullets.If you want to shoot long range Arrowhead rifles is the way to go.You could also look at the new Paramount rifles. I also have a TC Triumph and it shoots great also.I would stay away from the pellets and try to get a even seat on your bullet.Good luck