best muzzlebreak for 300 RUM

500mag_guy

Hey guys i have a 300 Rum and i love it! It is the perfect long range rifle for me right now. But for the really long shots i think the muzzle jump needs to be tamed a little bit. What would be the best muzzlebreak for it? Any ideas would be great!

Thanks, 500mag

IMO you can't go wrong with Jim See's muscle brake it is the best of both worlds. It takes the recoil out and keeps the blast off the shooter.

Nathan

IMO you can't go wrong with Jim See's muscle brake it is the best of both worlds. It takes the recoil out and keeps the blast off the shooter.

Nathan

Ditto! http://centershotrifles.com/sales/img/CSR_MuscleBrake.jpg I really like the small four port, it's really not that small but it really take the thump out. You can do a lot for muzzle flip by body position and getting square on the rifle, I'm working on that with a 7RUM without a brake and I can spot my own shots at 600yrd now. I will get an original three port Muscle Brake soon though.

My all time all around favorite muzzke brake is ASI's "Quiet Brake".

fluted_6.jpg

Not only does it dramatically reduce muzzle flip/rise, it also keeps all of the sound forward.

Your friends at the range will love you for it HA!

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/index.php

The problem with the Muscle Brake is the barrel diameter needs to be a certain size, same with Badger Ordinance and a few others.

I'm probably going to try the KA Painkiller on mine, with XCR sporter weight barrel.

CPGfan............ALL muzzelbrakes are loud, period. The biggest difference between them is their effectiveness in reducing recoil. The partitioned brakes such as the muscle brake,DE,APS painkiller,Holland and SSG vaporizer are the most effective, bar none. So, you must make a choice: shoot without ear protection and suffer from the recoil, or use ear protection and a brake and shoot comfortably. The choice is yours.

Good to know thanks. I wear ear protection religiously but do not like the concussion that most muzzle breaks bring with them. I think I'll just stick the the calibers I can shoot without a muzzle break! I have a buddy that is getting a .338 L built and is having a muscle break installed on it so I will have to shoot it when he gets it done.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.