best muzzlebrake for 300 Norma Improved?

Any reason you didn't go with his 5 port brake at precision ? I have one on 300 Normaimp and it works awesome. Titanium action and proof barrel so it's fairly light except the ZCO 4-20 on top. Balances everything out nicely though.

I just went with what Ryan recomended.

I have a 338 Norma, 8lb 5oz with scope, 285gn ELD-M at 2770fps.

The Terminator T2 knocks recoil back to about 30/06 w/ 180gn bullet levels. It is certainly less than my 9lb 10oz 300 H&H with 165gn Accubonds.

The 338 Norma and the 300 H&H both have the 1" Limbsaver recoil pad.

I currently have a 3 port slabbed muscle brake on my Piercision .300 Norma but it still has quite sharp recoil. Are there any other brakes out there that will reduce the recoil better? My barrel is a #5 Brux.
I've been using a "KDF" break on my Winchester 70 featherweight for some 25+ years. Recoil is somewhere like a 243/6mm. Look them up on the Net, give them a Call and let them know what you have, and see what they have for Your Gun/Cal! Good luck. What ever you do! Shoot on!

I have Ryan's 5 port on the 300nmi he built me, works quite well. Have his 3 port on a lighter weight 30 nosler, the 5 port reduces recoil much more than the 3.

HU-DU muzzle break from Southern Percision Tooling. Look them up 80% reduction on recoil. I have them on all my rifles, except for the 338 lapua. I am waiting on them to complete their testing on that break. Call and ask for Andy.

Really appreciate the tip to look at Nathan's brakes!

I'm thinking 4 port 2 piece for the 300 WSM build I have going on...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.