Best mount for hanging paper targets IMO

wapitiaddict

Here is a pic of what I think is one of the easiest and best ways to set up paper targets. A rubber trash can. It has a wide base and is very stable. It it is pretty wind resistant and very wind resistant if you put a rock or other weight on top. Very easy to set up....just place where you want it. You can place water jugs or watermelons on top. You can haul out your exploded jugs and trash in it afterwards. It is tall enough so that a spot in weeds or brush can be found, or juat place it up on brush or rocks to get more height. Works great in rocky areas because you don't have to hammer or drive something into the ground. Works on uneven terrain because of the wide round base. It's relatively cheap and you must likely have an extra one sitting in the corner of your shop or garage. I could go on.....I'll never go back to trying to hang targets on cardboard, plywood, posts, etc.

In the pic I show using just a 2 inch target dot, but a full page target can be easily taped or stapled to it.

One thing to note...make sure to get a trash can that is more rubberish and less hard plastic. The rubber is somewhat "self healing" and doesn't crack like some hard plastic might.

Attachments

• 20211013_152050.jpg
    20211013_152050.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
1.5 inch foam insulation sheets, hang the targets with toothpicks. I've never seen a more durable backer. On my home range I replace about every 2 years. Once you get up to 45cal bullets you start knocking holes in them but with 30cal and under they will take an extraordinary amount of bullets, semi self healing.