Best. Most practical spotting scope for western hunting and shooting paper and steel to 1000yrds

letzhunt

I am sure it is covered but I couldn't find anything recent that would include New spotters, so here are the questions:

For western style hunting and shooting paper at up to 1000 yards what is the most practical magnification range for a spotting scope. I have a good understanding of optics in regards to riflescopes and binos but my limited knowledge of spotting scopes is only what I transfer from riflescopes and binos.

What magnification is to low (on the high end of the variable side) and most importantly what is too much power. Especially considering that more power seems to mean more weight.

It will mainly be used on the range out to 1000 yards on paper but I want it to be best suited for practical western hunting. I have a lower end Hawke Endurance 15-45 now and it serves well but i wonder is I should go to a 20-60 or 20-75. I just have the belief I would be better off. But, what am I missing that I DON'T KNOW?

I have mostly higher end scopes and binos now....Nightforce, Swarovski and a few Meopta. I know you get what you pay for but the spotter is not something I stare through enough to justify a super high end investment. What is a good spotter in the mid range for the money that just makes the most sense?