Best misses

Holy smokes Moody you musta been one cocky kid to warrant a trick such as that! Don't know what to say... "You deserved it" or "That was way below the belt" ... :D Heck of a good story though! Down right dirty deed, even if you was a bit big-headed.

Oh... I deserved it. For sake of not writing a book about the experience, I left out some of the details that really make me look bad! The term 'Comedy of Errors" comes to mind when I think about it. Along with some real heartache......:rolleyes:. Still way below the belt. I got skunked that year...

Sort of a miss but it worked out pretty good. Michigan firearm deer season a few years ago. I was hunting with a h&r .30-30 single shot. Zeroed it a week before the season at 100 yards. Just looking to fill a doe tag, had a mature doe present a 40 yard broadside shot. I was shooting from a box blind so I had adequate support. I break the shot, she drops. I thought I had broke her shoulders. When I go to field dress her, no blood, the chest cavity is clean. Turns out, my tasco 3-9x40 decided to no longer hold zero. It was a perfect head shot. Shot it later that day and discovered that the scope was toast. Lesson learned. Don't go cheap on optics

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.