Best method to crimp? Please no discussion about merits of crimp, OK?

I agree with Butterbean, invest in a Lee factory crimp die, that's all I use on the rounds that I crimp for. Absolutely perfect crimps and easily adjustable for amount of crimp.
I just ordered one for every caliber and forgot the 223/556. I'll have to pick that one locally or when I have another order

I saw this thread this morning, but did not have time to log in before work. I see everything that needs to said was said on the first page. Butterbean told me about Lee FCD's about a year ago. I have one for most calibers I load now, and will get them for the rest.

I'm like Butter Bean I like the Lee crimper. I use it on my 375 Ruger with great results. It gives you a nice amount of control as some rounds may need more or less crimp.

I also use the LEE FCD on my 375 Ruger loads. And my 260 Remington and any other rounds I am taking afield. I want to be sure the every thing is snug and stays in place when traversing the countryside. And it improves consistency shot to shot. Sometimes the neck tension is just not enough.

Can someone post a link to Butterbean's famous treatise on the use of the Lee factory Crimp die? His prodigious reputation is only second to the number of posts he's generated here. (IE finding threads being referred to seems impossible)

Still now, I fear I am the butt of a joke about the "horrors of crimping". Sorry but I do not spend my every wakeful gminute reading posts.

I just want to try something to save a gorgeous WBY from being relegated to the back of the safe...

The Lee Crimp in on order already. FYI

Can someone post a link to Butterbean's famous treatise on the use of the Lee factory Crimp die? His prodigious reputation is only second to the number of posts he's generated here. (IE finding threads being referred to seems impossible)

Still now, I fear I am the butt of a joke about the "horrors of crimping". Sorry but I do not spend my every wakeful gminute reading posts.

I just want to try something to save a gorgeous WBY from being relegated to the back of the safe...

Hang tight

734CFBBD-5FE8-4866-BC9F-3FDF70AEF0D8.jpeg