Best low light glass?

I will go out on a limb and say this: The K525i I have is the only scope I've ever owned that you could see 7MM bullet holes in a target 600yds away, with the setting sun a foot above the target. You can also count points on a whitetail buck in a beanfield by moonlight with a half a moon or more. I'm sure there are other $3k+ scopes that are compareable. Once you get to that level it becomes more subjective, with how well a brand's coatings work with your individual eyes. The $1k scopes are compareable, as are the $2k, etc. And there is a whole 'nother level starting at $5k. Optics seem to be one of the few things where you still get what you pay for.

Not sure about there riffle scopes but in all the tests I have seen with binos and spotting scopes Mavin optics beet swarafsky and zeist and more in low light comparison. At a much better price.

I've had about all of the top names in hunting glass & I personally don't think you can touch a Meopta Meostar R1 for the money! As good or better than my zeiss and Swarovski! Great thing is you can pick one up used for around $700-800 Then spend extra $$$ on other stuff you need for hunting! You can definitely shoot until legal shooting hours are up with a Meopta

How do you decide which scope is better at low light than others?
I have a zeiss 1.5x6 on my deer rifle and I have absolutely no complaints with it. Before that I had a redfield widefield 3x9 on it and that was ok, too.
The only real difference that I can tell is that the zeiss, inside the trees seems clearer to look through but it's probably 30 years younger than the redfield.
Rather than spending 1000s of $$$$ on a top end scope, seems to me a thermal imaging scope would be a better bet but I suppose you'd have to swap from high bc pspbt bullets to good ole round nose bullets to be able to take advantage of the clarity in brush.
Or am I really on the wrong track and guys are saying they believe s&b more than zeiss or whatever manufacturer's sales blurb or Ron what's his name got more hysterical about brand x so it must be better?
Don't get me wrong I enjoy shooting the breeze as much as the next man but since I've given up alcohol I tend not to be influenced by it (the breeze that is).

I have had all the top names in Hunting optics & my vote is a Meopta Meostar R1! You want have any problems shooting until legal shooting time is up with one of them. You can pick one up used for street price of $700-800 if you watch for them, then take the extra $$$ and use on other things you need! Check out Dark lord of optics and his reviews of scopes! Good luck!

How do you decide which scope is better at low light than others?
I have a zeiss 1.5x6 on my deer rifle and I have absolutely no complaints with it. Before that I had a redfield widefield 3x9 on it and that was ok, too.
The only real difference that I can tell is that the zeiss, inside the trees seems clearer to look through but it's probably 30 years younger than the redfield.
Rather than spending 1000s of $$$$ on a top end scope, seems to me a thermal imaging scope would be a better bet but I suppose you'd have to swap from high bc pspbt bullets to good ole round nose bullets to be able to take advantage of the clarity in brush.
Or am I really on the wrong track and guys are saying they believe s&b more than zeiss or whatever manufacturer's sales blurb or Ron what's his name got more hysterical about brand x so it must be better?
Don't get me wrong I enjoy shooting the breeze as much as the next man but since I've given up alcohol I tend not to be influenced by it (the breeze that is).
There is a big difference looking at an animal several hundred yards away standing in the edge of timber than being in the timber looking at the animal. You are absolutely correct if you are in the woods with him.

I love my meopta meostar. I got a great deal on their 2.5-15x56 scope. It will get me to legal shooting light very easy. I have to watch the clock so I'm not illegal because if I hunt until I can't see through my scope anymore I would be well into illegal hunting time. I have heard great things about meopta's optika line though I have not personally used it myself. It is their new, more budget friendly line.

I love my meopta meostar. I got a great deal on their 2.5-15x56 scope. It will get me to legal shooting light very easy. I have to watch the clock so I'm not illegal because if I hunt until I can't see through my scope anymore I would be well into illegal hunting time. I have heard great things about meopta's optika line though I have not personally used it myself. It is their new, more budget friendly line.
Can almost hunt in moonlight with my Meostar...