Best long range rifle the price?

big man

I want to get into long range hunting more that just shooting. I don't have $4,000 to $5,000 to spend. I am thinking about a Rem. model 700 sendero in either 300RUM or 7mmRUM. I presently own a model 700 BDL SS in 300RUM but would like to upgrade!

Is there any other longe range guns that can touch the Sendero for the price?

Thanks

Jason

You might want to check on a Winchester Black Shadow, most of them had 26" barrels in magnum calibres and shoot like a laser for less than 600.00 . Add your accessories and you can get it done for around than a thou$and. Also the Weatherby Vanguard synthetics are good accurate buys with 24" barrels in std cals and 26" in mag, again less than 600.00. Them heavy barrel rifles like Sendero are good if you're gonna lay around on your belly, but if you hike the high country you'll want a std taper sporter barrel to cut the wt a bit.

Hard to beat a Sendero. They aren't light, but aren't that heavy. 8 3/4 or so. A Sendero in either caliber you mentioned would be a great long range rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts