best long range hunting bipod

dragman

I have a Sinclair fclass, and tactical and also a harris bipod.

any suggestions on the best out there ? The f class is just what i want but a little too big. and the other two are very good, but i wanna see if there is something better out there.
needs to be able to support 14-16 pound gun

I don't have any suggestions but i will chime in and say i'm looking for a decent Bipod that can reach a height of 3ft to clear long grass.

I will look into the Atlas. any other suggestions. Money really isn't a big deal for this If you have a $4000+ rig and your setting up for a hunt whats a little more when it's such an important piece.

I have this one
Harris S-25C Bipod Sling Swivel Stud Mount 13-1/2 to 27 Black

Like anything else gain something in one area loose in another, with this one it changes your prone position and if you like using a rear bag you'll probably and up making your own to keep weight down, and get the dimensions you want. Also in my experience if you need more lift than 27" your looking for a tree limb or fence post and using your sling to wrap around it.

I've used Harris for years, they work just fine. I got my first Atlas this year, I like it a lot more than my Harris. It's derned expensive but very well made. My rig is 15.8lb ready to hunt & the Atlas does the Job very well. You won't be disappointed in the Atlas.

6-5 WSM- First Shots (3).jpg

Got the Atlas this year myself after a number of years with two different sizes of Harris, notched leg, swivel pods. I have to say I like the Atlas alot better so far. I have gone ahead and purchased the leg extensions for it (a couple of oz. to pack with you and could make the difference between getting a shot or not) and the Atlas Spikes (single spike feet). The geometry and flex of this bipod allows it to be loaded, without the bipod shifting as the Harris often do. The spike feet help even more by really grabbing whatever they are put on. A chunk of change, no doubt, but as someone else said, if you've put several grand into a LRH rig already...

This is the only downside to the atlas in my opinion. Atlas Bipod Accessories. Other than that, I am sold on them.
Not being available to the civilian market doesn't hurt?

Due to another contract order B&T Ind. LLC will temporarily cease taking civilian Atlas Bipod orders as of October 21, 2011. in an effort to fulfill our current contractual obligations. If you are LEO or Military, please send us a copy of your ID then call or email us so we can take order details. THIS IS FOR THE ATLAS BIPODS ONLY

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.