best long range hunting bipod

I found mine at Midway and then ordered leg extensions and spike feet from Triad Tactical.

What's your take on the spiked feet? I have been hesitant yet interested at the same time. I think the concept is great, just haven't had the opportunity to see them in real life yet.

t

What's your take on the spiked feet? I have been hesitant yet interested at the same time. I think the concept is great, just haven't had the opportunity to see them in real life yet.

t

They just seem to grip nearly any surface easier which potentially allows you to load the pod without the feet skipping forwards. Even the regular Atlas rubber feet will skip forward, but due to the Atlas geometry, they are much less likely to do so than the spiked feet. Jury's still out for me. Just trying them at this point. One drawback I can see if that you have to quickly change position just a bit (couple of inches) the spiked feet are going to have to be lifted out of the ground potentially and are going to catch on just about anything, so small adjustments like that are probably easier with the rubber feet. I'm still trying to figure it all out myself. Just haven't had enough time with them. Gone hunting...

I have the Atlas and have to agree I like it a lot. The only problem with it out West is that sometimes it's just not long enough (even with 3" extensions). Need to have a backup plan like adjustable tripod or otherwise. I have one of the taller Harris bipods, and while not near the quality (and not really made for REAL heavy guns) it does get me up high enough for stuff like brush or being on one mountainside (not mountainTOP) shooting to another.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.